I justo install a switch on my strat as its on the internet. y have 3 dimarzio pubs. 2 YJM and an Air Classic on the bridge (humbucker)
so i put the switch and it works as it should when its on..... but when is off i loose sound on position 1 and 2 (bridge and bridge+middle)
is that allright or i did something wrong?
I'm kind of confused, are you asking why you're bridge pickup doesn't output sound when you turn it off?
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by marianoarnaiz
I justo install a switch on my strat as its on the internet. y have 3 dimarzio pubs. 2 YJM and an Air Classic on the bridge (humbucker)
so i put the switch and it works as it should when its on..... but when is off i loose sound on position 1 and 2 (bridge and bridge+middle)
is that allright or i did something wrong?
It sounds like you installed a bridge OFF switch. You don't break the connection of the bridge pickup to the selector and add a switch in that line. You ADD a connection from that lug on the selector to the output.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
It sounds like you installed a bridge OFF switch. You don't break the connection of the bridge pickup to the selector and add a switch in that line. You ADD a connection from that lug on the selector to the output.

this. I have the same mod in my strat.
CGDAEG
Quote by marianoarnaiz
hmmm still dont get whats wrong
And we still don't get how you actually wired this.

make a drawing of the wiring or post a clear picture. else we won't be able to help you.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
ok let me try to explain, i basicly have the standar wiring for a strat (but only one tone control)

the switch have 8 pins
and the xwtich conects the bridge position pin, with the last one of the same line
Quote by marianoarnaiz
ok let me try to explain, i basicly have the standar wiring for a strat (but only one tone control)

the switch have 8 pins
and the xwtich conects the bridge position pin, with the last one of the same line

picture please
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Without a diagram, we have no idea how you've actually wired it.

An input lug on the switch should be soldered to the input lug (for the bridge pickup) on the 5-way. The output lug of the switch should be soldered to the output lug of the 5-way.

Nothing else should be different.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
make a drawing of the wiring or post a clear picture. else we won't be able to help you.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
picture please
Quote by RJackson
Without a diagram, we have no idea how you've actually wired it.
I check later to see if there is a pic or drawing added to this thread.
Until then, I'm outta here.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411