Hi,

I bought a ESP/LTD M200FM about a month ago, and I changed the strings, adjusted the springs to have the FR level with the guitar body. The FR goes out of tune almost every time I whammy. Also, when I lock it at the nut, and fine-tune, it pulls the others out of tune. I checked the nut for grooves (in case the strings wore a groove in the metal) and there are NONE. I took it to my music store and the guy said my truss rod adjustment was great. I'm trying figure out if there is anything I can do to fix this issue.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

J
I'm assuming it's licensed, considering it's stock on an LTD, and those kind go out of tune with any crazy abuse, but the one on my washburn does just fine. Are the strings the same gauge as the ones on it before, are the strings just not broken in yet?

EDIT: As far as I know, your truss rod has nothing to do with it.
Last edited by Dio10101 at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by Dio10101
I'm assuming it's licensed, considering it's stock on an LTD, and those kind go out of tune with any crazy abuse, but the one on my washburn does just fine. Are the strings the same gauge as the ones on it before, are the strings just not broken in yet?

I think they are the same gauge idk. I put Daddario 10s on them. I have a rr3 rhoads that has a lisenced FR, and its perfect. The strings have been on them fro about a month now. Ive stretched them several times.......
Quote by Jacksonplayr100
I think they are the same gauge idk. I put Daddario 10s on them. I have a rr3 rhoads that has a lisenced FR, and its perfect. The strings have been on them fro about a month now. Ive stretched them several times.......

Generally factories put 9's on, it's probably the springs on the back of the guitar, you should have the shop check that. I'm jealous, I wanna Rhoads. Damn.
Quote by Dio10101
Generally factories put 9's on, it's probably the springs on the back of the guitar, you should have the shop check that. I'm jealous, I wanna Rhoads. Damn.

I took it to my store and they said that everything looked great to them. I dont think they know what they are talking about because they said Floyd Roses go out of tune, even when locked while your fine-tuning. Ive tried all I can think of on this thing. Its a sweet guitar but it wont stay in tune!! lol
Floyd Rose Special
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Sure. Check all the locks, and with FR's, it makes a lot of sense to block them while tuning. I would, if I had a block for my guitar with a floating Wilkinson (a lot like a floyd in that it's balanced by the strings and the springs). Make sure it's parallel, too. The baseplate, as the term states, should be parallel with the top of the guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Sure. Check all the locks, and with FR's, it makes a lot of sense to block them while tuning. I would, if I had a block for my guitar with a floating Wilkinson (a lot like a floyd in that it's balanced by the strings and the springs). Make sure it's parallel, too. The baseplate, as the term states, should be parallel with the top of the guitar.

I've aligned the baseplate with the body already, its locked tight and everything.
double check, you never know. I have locking tuners on my guitar, and I'll be going out of tune, thinking "weird, this usually doesn't happen" and realizing I left a thumbscrew loose.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Jacksonplayr100
Yeah. Can you help?

It's a low quality bridge, so it's not going to be fun using it.

When you're tuning it, tune the low E string, then the A, then retune the E, then retune the A, then tune the D, then retune the E, then retune the A, then retune the D, then tune the G, BLABLABLA all the way up to high E. Yes, it's tedious.

Are you using or abusing the unit? Probably, much more than an artistic vibrato will send it out of tune, so divebombs and all that fun stuff must go

If all else fails, trem-block
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

^the FR special actually isn't that low-quality.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
^the FR special actually isn't that low-quality.

I don't know if its better than the licensed or not
It's better.
Here are the specs from Guitarpartsdepot.com.
* Steel Plate
* Steel Studs & Bushing
* Steel Screws
* 10.8mm String Spacing
* Zinc Saddles & Sustain Block
* Bridge Hardened to 50-55 Rockwell
* Floyd Rose Trade Dress
So yeah, it's more or less an OFR made in Korea with Zinc saddles and a zinc block, which can be replaced fairly cheaply.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 22, 2009,
Quote by oneblackened
It's better.
Here are the specs from Guitarpartsdepot.com.
* Steel Plate
* Steel Studs & Bushing
* Steel Screws
* 10.8mm String Spacing
* Zinc Saddles & Sustain Block
* Bridge Hardened to 50-55 Rockwell
* Floyd Rose Trade Dress
So yeah, it's more or less an OFR made in Korea with Zinc saddles and a zinc block, which can be replaced fairly cheaply.

I think I might just send the guitar to ESP to fix because it goes out of tune. Hopefully they will replace it for free.

Still any help is welcomed
Quote by Jacksonplayr100
I think I might just send the guitar to ESP to fix because it goes out of tune. Hopefully they will replace it for free.

Still any help is welcomed

Yeah, you might want to do that.

Also, head to the music shop and try out other guitars with the FR Special and see if they have the same problem. If they don't, then I suppose your bridge is just messed up
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Try the other guitars with the FR special. If there are no problems, buy a new bridge.
It's the same size as the OFR and the dimensions are basically the same as the Gotoh FR (only difference being one of the knife edges). Or you could buy another FR Special, either way.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
add another spring in the back if that doesnt work unswrew the whole spring system put a couple toothpicks in the screw holes screw them back in remember dnt ever use an glue on floyd rose system dont even think of that or your ****eddddd i had the same problem with my flyod rose i did this it works fine now
Quote by oneblackened
Try the other guitars with the FR special. If there are no problems, buy a new bridge.
It's the same size as the OFR and the dimensions are basically the same as the Gotoh FR (only difference being one of the knife edges). Or you could buy another FR Special, either way.

The only problem with that is that a good Floyd Rose is about $300 and the guitar is only worth like $430. So it would be a waste. I am going to sell it and a Jackson DK2 Dinky.

Still help is still welcome!