So i was thinking about getting one of these for recording... but i don't really understand them

What i want to do is when i get my new amp (bugera 333xl)

I want to be able to record from that, but still be able to hear what i'm playing from the amp?

Could i say use the pod to do this? or is this a lost cause,

Also is it possible to use the POD as a sort of effects pedal? or would it be pointless to get a POD and a good amp?

I kinda want the tone from the amp to be recorded, so i don't have to mess about trying to find the same tone on both things for when i do band practice / want to record or whatever,
Last edited by BoL7z at Aug 21, 2009,
If you want to record your amp, you'll need an audio interface and a microphone. The PODs aren't audio interfaces; look into Line 6's Toneport series.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
POD's can be used as preamps such as guitar -- POD -- amp.

You can hear what you're recording while you're recording it. POD's record through a USB cable that's included with purchase. In the line out section, you just plug into speakers or headphones, you can hear it.

POD's are great.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I was also looking at this

http://line6.com/podstudioux2/

That's like Guitar Rig 3, Amplitube, Revalver yeah? but better quality?

But could you say like, run your

Guitar --> Effects Pedal --> Amp --> TonePort --> PC --> Line 6 software --> record

As well as just say

Guitar --> toneport --> PC --> line 6 software --> record
Quote by Raijouta
If you want to record your amp, you'll need an audio interface and a microphone. The PODs aren't audio interfaces; look into Line 6's Toneport series.

POD XT and X3s are audio interfaces.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Also is it possible to use a pod UX2 live? Like for gigs? I'm just wondering if any bands ddo that. I'll keep looking at that ux2 but I wish I could test the software