ok my bich masterpiece lately has been crackling when i use my distortion pedal.
i thought it was a chord but ran all chords through another amp and there was no problem. then i thought it was my cab speakers blowing, but then hooked up a warlock to my amp and no crackleing so i know its the pickups. as soon as this job comes through ill be able to get rid of this cheap ****. but what could be the problem?
you say it only happens when you use the pedal?

then wouldnt it be the pedal or the power to the pedal?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
you say it only happens when you use the pedal?

then wouldnt it be the pedal or the power to the pedal?

thanx for response but i may have forgot to mation a also tried the warloch with the pedal and no crackleing
you might need to wax the pots or maybe its a shielding or grounding problem.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
you might need to wax the pots or maybe its a shielding or grounding problem.

thank you do you know how i would ground it
well, usually, the ground wire is soldered to the bridge. but on second thought, it might be the wax... and it may not be the pots, but the pickups. (yes, pickups are waxed. idk how, and idk if i'm completely right, but wait for someone else to support this post or revise it)
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
well, you're saying it's "crackling".

you need to be more specific.

is it a buzz that goes away when you touch metal. like on the bridge?

is it a constant hum, that lessens when you move away from, or turn off computers or dimmer lights in the room?

is it a crackle that gets louder when you move the tone or volume pots?

does it lessen when you turn down the tone knobs?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011