Hey guise,
I'm rebuilding my guitar and I'm looking for some good hot pickups to swap outthe stock yamaha pickups.
It's set up in single on the neck and middle, humbucker on the bridge.
I'm looking at dimarzio xjm/hs3(I think) for my neck
I need a recommendation for my middle pickup
and for the bridge Im thinking of the evh Frankenstein p/u

I'm open to any recomendations for different pickups

I'm going to be using it mainly for neo classical playing
I'm looking for an yngwei/ Joe stump kinda sound
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
just get DiMarzio YJMs in the middle and neck and the EVH sounds fine for the bridge
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
If you're going for the Yngwie/Stump sound, you gotta go with the HS-3 for the neck. Neither of them use their middle pickups much so you could just disconnect it like Blackmore does. If you're guitar has a pickguard, I would suggest getting a new one that's SSS and putting an HS-3 in the bridge as well. If not, I'd ask DiMarzio what HB they have that sounds most like the HS-3 either in HB mode or when coil split.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
If you're going for the Yngwie/Stump sound, you gotta go with the HS-3 for the neck. Neither of them use their middle pickups much so you could just disconnect it like Blackmore does. If you're guitar has a pickguard, I would suggest getting a new one that's SSS and putting an HS-3 in the bridge as well. If not, I'd ask DiMarzio what HB they have that sounds most like the HS-3 either in HB mode or when coil split.

thanks for info man, I'll go browse their site now
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Last edited by lifesuckstomuch at Aug 21, 2009,
yeah man glad we could help...i figured Yngwie signature pickups would be good for an Yngwie sound haha Although the amp prolly matters most I think as long as you get something pretty hot
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by chuckmehh
yeah man glad we could help...i figured Yngwie signature pickups would be good for an Yngwie sound haha Although the amp prolly matters most I think as long as you get something pretty hot

Not really
pickups are where you get the CPR of your tone, I can recreate their sound with just a pedal
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Looking at d activator x or supe distorion or tone zone or x2n for bridge
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

None of those would be any good for an Yngwie sound. The Super Distortion is probably the one I'd go with out of those though and I'd set up a switch or push/pull pot to split it. The Tone Zone is just too thick and the D Activator is too modern sounding. I might suggest a Lace Dually in the bridge. You could split it so that it really will sound like a single coil and in HB mode it's a pretty nice humbucker.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Gonna go with th x2n because I want the high output but don't want to deal with wiring in an acticve pickup
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE