You were my everything,
An everything you'll never know.
But what does it matter?
I couldn't win anyways.
It's giving a chance
to find better things,
to move on in life
and be my own king.

[This is a bridge, some arpeggios and stuff with the first two lines of the chorus repeated as the following speech is spoke softly in the background]

When you go through life trying to do and say all the right things, you lose touch with everything that's actually important. And, when that happens, no matter how hard you try it's too late to get back whatever you've lost.

I've done everything I can, tried so hard just to make you smile, to make you laugh. This beding over backwards has left me with a crooked spine - I can't jump through hoops for you any longer. You've left me battered and broken in the worst possible manner simply by doing nothing in return.

You actions have left me no choice; even my closest friends have discouraged from trying any harder. I'm done chasing you. I'm finished with my acrobatics and any tears have dried on the paper. You were my ultimate goal, the one thing in life I actually had to try for. Goodbye.

[Kay the bridge is done nao thankz]

Two choruses and yer done.

===

Thanks for reading. I will C4C.
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...
No, guys, that's the title...

As fast as I pick it up,
Pretty good song, Have you heard the song 'Learn To Breath' by Thousand Foot Krutch? It has a similar bridge with a spoken word section under the chorus.
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Aug 21, 2009,
Nope. I was taking my inspiration from Everlong and Violence, by Foo Fighters and Blink-182 respectively.

As fast as I pick it up,
I somewhat like this. It's something a lot of people can relate to. I think the bridge is a really good idea as well. There's no better way to say something than to just say it, I guess.

The only things I don't like are that it's too short and it's too simple for my liking. I guess I'm just picky. Some parts sound really rushed too, like the last bit of the second verse. I think if you really expanded on some things, and took the time to really polish it, you could get a really good song out of this.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21294816