What kind of sound are you looking for?
/thread

but seriously, we need to know before we can answer
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
We need way more information than that.

Budget. Playing Style. Do you need something ultra portable, or can you deal with big heavy cabinets
What are you playing?
Price range?

Otherwise we'd just tell you to get an SVT or something.
lol, i didnt think you could be anymore vague than in the OP. Seriously

What is your budget.
Are you willing to go used.
Is portability a major factor.
What kind of muics do you play.
Again, that isn't much to work with.

What do you usually listen to, what kind of sounds do you like from bassists, how much money can you spend, etc.

I'm thinking a P-Bass and Ampeg because I think that is what Mikey Way uses and I'm assuming that you like My Chemical Romance because of your user name

I don't know any Ampeg stuff so somebody else shall answer
Now say his name.....
in the price range of 300 to 500 bucks im playin a fender squier p bass and id rlly like a solid state amp none of that tubed ****
yes i do like mikey way i use a pick like he does and i mostly play punk emo music .iwoulnt mind 2 go used i just need a amp that doesnt sound muddy just a nice clear sound
But why do you like solid state instead of tube? I personally like it because I don't like the sound of dirty overdriven tubes (think the intro of Like The Angel by Rise Against (well, he uses Mesa amps now, I don't know if he did back then)). Solid State don't sound as warm/hot/organic

The Acoustic Amplification B200 is about the most transparent solid state sound you can get, but it isn't really "crisp" or "sharp", which are more like TUBE amps than solid state ones.

edit: mud is more about your EQing, not the actual amp. Well, it does deal with the amp, but if you have enough headroom, mud is from either your guitar or your EQing. Most punk/hardcore/emocore bassists have a tube sound, so again I don't understand where you are getting with at the tube-hate.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Aug 21, 2009,
400 bucks, Ampeg 100W bass amp. I haven't had a single problem with it.
Probably not the best on it's own for a big show, but it gives ya a good sound to go through speakers.

http://www.ampeg.com/products/bassamp/ba115/index.html
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Quote by lordofthefood1
But why do you like solid state instead of tube? I personally like it because I don't like the sound of dirty overdriven tubes (think the intro of Like The Angel by Rise Against (well, he uses Mesa amps now, I don't know if he did back then)). Solid State don't sound as warm/hot/organic

The Acoustic Amplification B200 is about the most transparent solid state sound you can get, but it isn't really "crisp" or "sharp", which are more like TUBE amps than solid state ones.

edit: mud is more about your EQing, not the actual amp. Well, it does deal with the amp, but if you have enough headroom, mud is from either your guitar or your EQing. Most punk/hardcore/emocore bassists have a tube sound, so again I don't understand where you are getting with at the tube-hate.

Not to hijack the thread but you mentioned the tube like sound in that intro and that's actually exactly the sound that I've been trying to obtain. I recently purchased a Sansamp Driver DI but while running through a ****ty solid state amp it gives me little chance at that tube-like overdrive. Any suggestions at an affordable tube amp? I usually see people recommending the Acoustic B200 but I feel like that would grant me the opposite of that overdriven tone you were talking about.

Again, the thread seemed appropriate, don't mean to pry .
Quote by boxerb
Not to hijack the thread but you mentioned the tube like sound in that intro and that's actually exactly the sound that I've been trying to obtain. I recently purchased a Sansamp Driver DI but while running through a ****ty solid state amp it gives me little chance at that tube-like overdrive. Any suggestions at an affordable tube amp? I usually see people recommending the Acoustic B200 but I feel like that would grant me the opposite of that overdriven tone you were talking about.

Again, the thread seemed appropriate, don't mean to pry .

I don't know the answerrrr ugh.

Part of the answer is an 810 cab (which is what the Sansamp tries to emulate)

I don't know that name of the Ampeg head that all the punks use that is supposed to be all good and vintage like and breakup or whatever. uasodfhsg. Somebody answer this, it is bothering me. (Again, I don't know if he used Mesa Boogie amps back then, but he does now. Perhaps check out some of their heads?)

Quote by jimmy_neutron
The Acoustic B200 isnt a tube amp.

This thread is similar to what you are asking, so i would suggest keeping an eye on it

He knows, if you read his post he said that B200 is the opposite of what he wants.

My post sounds sloppy as hell now

So basically, thread starter: you do not want an Acoustic, they are very clean solid state amps.

So basically, other guy, you don't want Acoustic either, and you know that you don't. Somebody who knows overdriven tube amp sounds needs to help you, not me.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by jimmy_neutron
The Acoustic B200 isnt a tube amp.

This thread is similar to what you are asking, so i would suggest keeping an eye on it

Agreed, my wording might have implied otherwise, however, what I meant was that the only "go to" amp I see being recommended often is the B200, which I know isn't a tube amp.

Thanks for the link
You can hit the "edit" button instead of posting twice

See, the thing is, I wouldn't say the B200 is the "sharpest" amp in the shed. If your bass/equipment is sharp, however, the sharpness will move through and project nicely to the B200. I use a Hartke Bass Attack, which is pretty sharp, so I do have the ability to sound sharp if I want to (I feel weird typing sharp that many times).

We don't know if the B200 is a catch yet, to be honest. It is very cheap, has a lot of watts, and is basically a brand new amp.
Now say his name.....
It is technically taller than that Ampeg in this thread, but only because the controls are above the cab, not on top/back of it. They both have a single 15" speaker. Are you sure you didn't look at the B20 instead of the B200?
Now say his name.....
huh? They are both models by Acoustic Amplification.
Now say his name.....
take a look at ashdown's MAG series as well
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals