Hi. In pretty much all of the videos that i have seen good charlotte play lifestyles of the rich and famous, during the bridge, usually their guitarist billy martin will play the riff and then reach up to his headstock or something and do something there and it makes a high pitched noise and i was just wondering what it is and how to do it. i'm pretty sure this noise is also at the end of the bridge for face down by the red jumpsuit apparatus as well.
if you're talking about what i think you are, he might be flicking the g string up there.

ive seen matt bellamy do it a lot
Quote by GmacD
pull down his pants, his dick is probly the size of a newborn moose

Quote by Union Jake
Found this quite funny.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Found this quite SEARCH BAR
pick the strings above the nut.
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Quote by rocklee1431
if you're talking about what i think you are, he might be flicking the g string up there.

ive seen matt bellamy do it a lot

thats sounds like what he'd be doing but hes playing through amps and i tried it just now though my amp and i dont think its as loud as he makes it and also its not the right note but i know that that might be because of how much string he has on the headstock.
Quote by MrWeenie
pick the strings above the nut.

i don't think your pickups pick up anything above the nut or below the bridge
Quote by mashizz

the vibrations travel into the string that is being picked up though
Quote by mashizz

ya they don't. i've tried doing that and i dont hardly hear it through my amp
i actually also saw a tab somewhere that said something about it being made by raking the headstock or something
Quote by neonfire999
ya they don't. i've tried doing that and i dont hardly hear it through my amp

yeah, same here

Quote by mashedpotatoes
the vibrations travel into the string that is being picked up though

see, i thought the same thing for a while, but my amp never registered the sound when i picked above the nut. so then i realized that it's because of the NUT that it doesn't pick anything up. have you ever fretted a note and picked on the other side of the fretboard (closer to the nut instead of the bridge)? your pickups don't get the sound cause the vibrations stop at your finger. so when you pick above the nut, the vibrations stop at the nut.
Quote by mashizz
yeah, same here

see, i thought the same thing for a while, but my amp never registered the sound when i picked above the nut. so then i realized that it's because of the NUT that it doesn't pick anything up. have you ever fretted a note and picked on the other side of the fretboard (closer to the nut instead of the bridge)? your pickups don't get the sound cause the vibrations stop at your finger. so when you pick above the nut, the vibrations stop at the nut.

ya i've tried that. it pick up as much as the sound as it does when you pick above the headstock. so that pretty much cuts out the idea of the note being played on the headstock.