well the bridge pickup on my LTD EC100QM is now broken and im getting a Seymour duncan Sh-6b Distortion, but my amp is already very midy and im not sure about the SD pickup.
so what would the Sh-6 sound like with that setup? i mainly play metal/metalcore and progressive metal

this is the setup i use
LTD EC100QM --> Zoom G9.2tt ---> Randall Rg100g3+212Extension Cab
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3
Randall 2x12 Extension Cab

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
i dont think itll be that great. its a pickup with extra high output to purposefully overdrive tubes in a tube amp. through a solid state i would imagine u would only get the cons of a high output pickup, and none of the pros. it sounds awful clean, and i dont think it will go very well with an SS amp. get something cleaner with an alnico magnet instead of ceramic. what didnt u like about the stock pickup?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
i dont think itll be that great. its a pickup with extra high output to purposefully overdrive tubes in a tube amp. through a solid state i would imagine u would only get the cons of a high output pickup, and none of the pros. it sounds awful clean, and i dont think it will go very well with an SS amp. get something cleaner with an alnico magnet instead of ceramic. what didnt u like about the stock pickup?

i did like the stock one but it just died, idk why either but it was just an ESP pickup noting to flash,

so the valve in the amp and two in the pedal board wont do anything to the tone?
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
Quote by whencowsfart101
If you don't want mids, get a Seymour Duncan SH-5 instead of an SH-6.

i do want mids but not an excessive amount of mids
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
Quote by whencowsfart101
If you don't want mids, get a Seymour Duncan SH-5 instead of an SH-6.
Completely wrong, the SD Custom has a very mids-thick tone.

OP, a Duncan Distortion or a Full Shred would be what you want - naturally thinner tones to curb off excess bass and mid response.

However, I say 'would', because with your amp, they're not. Your amp is at it's heart a solid state amp, and no amount of marketing 'valve technology' will correct that as far as high output pickups go. High output pickups are for all-valve amps that are naturally mid or high-gain, when you're not using pedals and you're not using the amp's preamp distortion. In your current rig, getting high output pickups will only make your tone muddier.

The solution is to either go with very low output pickups and use a very good dedicated distortion pedal to provide your distorted tones, or to purchase a new amplifier and then set up your rig accordingly for that.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble

OP, a Duncan Distortion or a Full Shred would be what you want - naturally thinner tones to curb off excess bass and mid response.

However, I say 'would', because with your amp, they're not. Your amp is at it's heart a solid state amp, and no amount of marketing 'valve technology' will correct that as far as high output pickups go. High output pickups are for all-valve amps that are naturally mid or high-gain, when you're not using pedals and you're not using the amp's preamp distortion. In your current rig, getting high output pickups will only make your tone muddier.

The solution is to either go with very low output pickups and use a very good dedicated distortion pedal to provide your distorted tones, or to purchase a new amplifier and then set up your rig accordingly for that.

ok, then thanks for you advice
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
Quote by MrFlibble

Get your facts straight bitch, the SD Custom is very low in mids, even check out the SD website: http://www.seymourduncan.com/comparetones
Bass: 6
Mid:3
Treble:8