Page 1 of 3
I went to the bank the other day, and my heart broke. Because there stood a man that I see everytime I go to that bank. And everytime I go to that bank, it makes me want to cry. He stands there in his uniform (not a police uniform) with his gun in his pocket and he just stands and stands, and stands some more. And he has the lightest blue eyes u'll ever see. And he just stands there. He has a speech impediment, a really bad one, and he is probably in his forties or fifties. And as I watch him, it kills me to think how often he was probably made fun of for it growing up. And he probably is still made fun of. And he probably sits and wonders why he can't be like other people. And he probably is sad inside. And as I watch him I think wow, this is his job, to stand here. And when he was little did he dream about working at a bank and just standing there for hours? And just thinking about it makes me want to cry. And it started to hit me. Life is about him. Do you see what i mean? Its not about us, or about our little insignificant problems, or about who likes who or who's dating who, or whatever, it's about him. It's about opening our eyes everywhere we go and seeing these deeply hurting people. It's not about making ourselves greater, it's about making them greater. It's about making them feel special. It's about hugging the unhuggable and touching the untouchable and loving the unlovable. It's about being Jesus to people. Open your eyes to the lady at the counter who just had an abortion, or the girl that lives next door to you that has no dad. Open your eyes to the old man that passes you by on the street everyday as he walks to the grocery store, because he has no car. Open your eyes to that boy that sits next to you whose parents say he's a total failure. Open up your eyes to the grown man standing there with a speech impediment. Make it an active decision to seek out the hurting. Everywhere you go. Be their reason to believe and have hope. Because...well.."That's how the lost get found.

Do yall ever think about stuff like that? the difference you could make in someones lives just reaching out and talking to them?
You're probably going to get flamed for this, but personally, I appreciate that you're trying to spread empathy, I really do.
No, it's about me, and Jesus didn't do anything except get dead.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by nathanlamb01098
I went to the bank the other day, and my heart broke. Because there stood a man that I see everytime I go to that bank. And everytime I go to that bank, it makes me want to cry. He stands there in his uniform (not a police uniform) with his gun in his pocket and he just stands and stands, and stands some more. And he has the lightest blue eyes u'll ever see. And he just stands there. He has a speech impediment, a really bad one, and he is probably in his forties or fifties. And as I watch him, it kills me to think how often he was probably made fun of for it growing up. And he probably is still made fun of. And he probably sits and wonders why he can't be like other people. And he probably is sad inside. And as I watch him I think wow, this is his job, to stand here. And when he was little did he dream about working at a bank and just standing there for hours? And just thinking about it makes me want to cry. And it started to hit me. Life is about him. Do you see what i mean? Its not about us, or about our little insignificant problems, or about who likes who or who's dating who, or whatever, it's about him. It's about opening our eyes everywhere we go and seeing these deeply hurting people. It's not about making ourselves greater, it's about making them greater. It's about making them feel special. It's about hugging the unhuggable and touching the untouchable and loving the unlovable. It's about being Jesus to people. Open your eyes to the lady at the counter who just had an abortion, or the girl that lives next door to you that has no dad. Open your eyes to the old man that passes you by on the street everyday as he walks to the grocery store, because he has no car. Open your eyes to that boy that sits next to you whose parents say he's a total failure. Open up your eyes to the grown man standing there with a speech impediment. Make it an active decision to seek out the hurting. Everywhere you go. Be their reason to believe and have hope. Because...well.."That's how the lost get found.

Do yall ever think about stuff like that? the difference you could make in someones lives just reaching out and talking to them?

*Commits Suicide*
Quote by RIP Back in Red
*Commits Suicide*

*takes wallet*
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I like you thoughts here. I love those deep epiphanies (if thats the right word) like this.
However, how do you know this guard is sad? Maybe he has a loving family at home and is happy with his job and life despite what he may have been through. Try to think about that too.
worrying about others problems provokes emotion

emotion = path to the darkside

therefore i know no emotion

That is how you follow the Jedi code...

....err wait what?

did i just make a star wars reference...

either way dont worry about it

im sure he doesn't go

"wow look at that dude and his money, and all his problems"

screw it what can you do?
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by Wulphy
*takes wallet*

*citizens arrest cuz i'm a douche*
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
You will get flamed, but yeah I completely agree. I'll admit, I don't always do that, but I do sometimes and I like doing it.
Quote by guitarsftw
*citizens arrest cuz i'm a douche*

*blames his death on you*
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Or you could look at it from the perspective of him persevering despite the hardships he has no doubt faced growing up, coping with his disabilities and getting an opportunity to work and support himself independently whereas others are not as fortunate.

You pessimistic bastard.
I honestly feel sorry for the less fortunate people but really, I can't be arsed to sacrifice my own life to help others. I would never do anything to make someone else's life worse, but... I kinda sound like a selfish asshole now. God, I should go do some community service or something...
WELL!!!!!

Did you talk to him?

In the words of the great Henry Rollins- Don't talk about it, Do it. Don't write about it, Do it.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by soulflyV

Citizowned.

Not as owned as that asshat who stands outside the bank all day.

/heartless
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
*blames his death on you*

*starts crying, feeling the blame he felt for his previous murders of 7 hookers, 4 with penises*
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw
*starts crying, feeling the blame he felt for his previous murders of 7 hookers, 4 with penises*

Wait, you're that asshole who sold me those crappy shamwows!
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by guitarsftw

The he-bitch killer!
I'm always doing nice gestures for less fortunate people than myself. It's just the good thing to do.

I think life is moreso about attitude not aptitude. I've seen blind people have good senses of humour and a happy overall mood about life with lots of friends, etc because of empathetic people that have reached out to them and such. My bets are some people are just a wee too shy to approach someone like him and really try to help him.

I'm not religious so I ignored the Jesus part ;D
Be Jesus to people
i don't really wanna go up to my local shop owner and ask them if they've had an abortion... does this make me a bad person?
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I nearly cried reading that.
My best friend has parents who are building him up to be what they think he should be, not what he wants to be. It's really depressing because he writes some of the most beautiful songs but his parents have made him throw them away before, and I literally have to take some of them and keep them so I can give them back later, and convince him that they are great songs.

I can't do anything about, that's the sad thing. Like really all he can do is wait until he's old enough to move out of the house and by then he'll probably be in even more emotional distress than he is now. Life is crazy.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Quote by diofan88
worrying about others problems provokes emotion

emotion = path to the darkside

therefore i know no emotion

That is how you follow the Jedi code...

....err wait what?

did i just make a star wars reference...

either way dont worry about it

im sure he doesn't go

"wow look at that dude and his money, and all his problems"

screw it what can you do?

That's the point; look for what you CAN do.
Quote by hendrixfreak93
I nearly cried reading that.
My best friend has parents who are building him up to be what they think he should be, not what he wants to be. It's really depressing because he writes some of the most beautiful songs but his parents have made him throw them away before, and I literally have to take some of them and keep them so I can give them back later, and convince him that they are great songs.

I can't do anything about, that's the sad thing. Like really all he can do is wait until he's old enough to move out of the house and by then he'll probably be in even more emotional distress than he is now. Life is crazy.

Can't he hide them in a school locker or something?
Quote by acidhendrix
Wall of text, not healthy for retina.

Who really cares? I'm just going to take a guess and say you're still breathing.
Quote by Wulphy
Wait, you're that asshole who sold me those crappy shamwows!

no, they were sham-woahs, an obvious ripoff
Quote by AA00P
Quote by Wulphy
No, it's about me, and Jesus didn't do anything except get dead.

This man speaks the truth, life is all about me and no one else matters at all. Now go serve your master slaves.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

So you said this guy has a speech impediment and a gun, and people make fun of him?
i'm very glad you said this, i think about the same kinds of things all the time, and wonder how much we could change the world if we truly loved one another. I don't understand why people are so entangled in the trivialities of life that are meaningless in the end and fail to focus on the important things that could change the world. I realize that most of everyone on UG aren't christian but heres a verse that goes along with this topic James 1:27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

thanks for sharing that
Quote by Z_cup_boy
Can't he hide them in a school locker or something?

Can't get too much use out of them if they stay at the school. I've been trying to combine his lyrics with my guitar riffs so it's nice to have them around, I've re-written them for him and gave them back before as well.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
You might want to try breaking that up into paragraphs. It would be much easier to read.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Ultimately, people do what the wish with their lives, and they get what they get. Lingering on the questionable fairness of it all is a useless task.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Pull yourself together and be a man.
He's a man, your a man. Have a beer with him and talk. But for god sake pull yourself together!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Page 1 of 3