Page 1 of 2
I mean seriously. Bass instantly makes people ****able. (It must be the fingers of steel.)

Lemmy

This man isn't remotely attractive, but he has nailed thousands of women!

Gene Simmons

He's literally a clown. (But it probably is just his tongue that gets him *****.)

Pete Wentz

I mean, I think "he" even has a vagina, but every girl seems to want to sex him anyway.

So why the **** do people say guitarists get more sex. Hell, most females that are shallow enough to sex someone because they play guitar won't even know the difference between a guitar and a bass.
I suppose they're just easy targets because the average person can't even the bass.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Because "Whaa whaaaaaaaaaa da da da" is better than "Dum... Dum... Dum..."

That's how girls hear music, right?
everyone above is rich

being rich > looks

period
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
because who does the main solos in the spotlight? Guitarists. So the bassist and the drummer is left in the dark.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I play bass in my band and the girls that come on to me arent always ugly but then again I play guitar on certain songs
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Quote by rock.freak667
because who does the main solos in the spotlight? Guitarists. So the bassist and the drummer is left in the dark.

Psh, girls only listen to hip-hop and talentless pop anyway [/huge generalization].
Quote by Solus_Luna
I mean seriously. Bass instantly makes people ****able. (It must be the fingers of steel.)

Lemmy

Gene Simmons

He's literally a clown. (But it probably is just his tongue that gets him *****.)

Pete Wentz

I mean, I think "he" even has a vagina, but every girl seems to want to sex him anyway.

So why the **** do people say guitarists get more sex. Hell, most females that are shallow enough to sex someone because they play guitar won't even know the difference between a guitar and a bass.

Pete Wentz doesn't have a vagina. He isn't even real. He's just a hallowgram created by the government.

Anyways to answer your question: most bass players after about the mid to late 70s became completely useless as they started copying the rythm guitar or were edited out of the songs :P so it's just a joke.
Quote by Solus_Luna

Lemmy

Gene Simmons

Pete Wentz

First two can also sing, and the last is becasue he's the best looking guy in a band that's popular with teenage retards
Arcane Echo

Just call me Ethan
Because no one knows this, but the bass's frequencies are inaudible to most female ears. It's true.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I wish I knew about this stereotype before I picked up bass...
Quote by Uber Man
has lemmy ever considered removing the warts from his face... ehh...

no he said that it would be unmetal if he removed them
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Quote by Victor Escobar
no he said that it would be unmetal if he removed them

He's not Nathan Explosion, therefore your comment loses all hilarity.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Uber Man
has lemmy ever considered removing the warts from his face... ehh...

Jesus, that dude has soooo much money and doesnt get that ulgy sh*t removed....
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Because there are only about 4 bass players in every continent.

Even hearing of a nearby bass player is a rarity in itself, now if he's getting laid that's a whole 'nother story.
No means maybe
Because they're not even musicians. Those 'fingers of steel' can never make up for the lack of a penis of steel.

/sarcasm. Don't even dare start with me.
According to Metallica, Cliff got loads of chicks because according to James, "Cliff? He had a big dick, apparently word got around about that."
John Entwistle. The man who died while getting laid with a chick and enjoying a few grams of charlie.

I think it's safe to say the "Bassits nevarr get teh sexz!1!!!11!1!" stereotype doesn't exist.:

Myth busted.
Last edited by Matt-92 at Aug 22, 2009,
Its not because they are bassist that they dont get girls, its because they have poor self image so they choose an instrument that isnt really noticed so it doesnt bring attention to them.
you answered your own question by picking 3 f*ch ugly bassists.
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.
Many stereotypes aren't true, it's just a joke. Just like when people say that drummers aren't musicains.
Quote by aaciseric
Many stereotypes aren't true, it's just a joke. Just like when people say that drummers aren't musicains.

Hahahaha, you almost had me there
Of course drummers aren't musicians

Quote by diminishedtobme
Its not because they are bassist that they dont get girls, its because they have poor self image so they choose an instrument that isnt really noticed so it doesnt bring attention to them.

Oh yes of, you're right!

I chose to play bass because I have a poor self image, it makes perfect sense.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Quote by teh_Beatles
Oh yes of, you're right!

I chose to play bass because I have a poor self image, it makes perfect sense.

You are a beautiful person. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise my friend.
Gene Simmons has repeatedly claimed he's nailed over 1000 women.
granted, i think 1000 rubs is rediculous; i have no doubt he's had his share...
being in one of the worlds biggest bands and tha'.

and Pete Wentz without doubt gets more than his fair share of screaming teen poon.
considering that the infamous pic of his **** was at one point the most searched for picture on google images.

as for lemmy...
he was number 8 on maxim magazines 'Living Sex Legends' list.
i flew beyond the sun before it was time
In the documentary he explained that while in school he noticed a pupil who had brought a guitar to school and had been "surrounded by chicks". His mother had a guitar, which he then took to school, even though he could not play, and was himself surrounded by girls: "In those days just having a guitar was enough... that was it".

i dunno what your talkin about cause didnt John Entwistle allegedly die next to a stripper and drugs?

EDIT: i got beaten to the punch earlier on this page lol
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
Last edited by Led Head at Aug 22, 2009,
Quote by Sonicxlover
Because no one knows this, but the bass's frequencies are inaudible to most people's ears. It's true.

Fixed.
Guitarists and Singers like to put other bandmates down. Bassists are often the target because the good ones are often have the best musicianship in the band, and because they(bassists) are team players they allow the stereotyping because of Guitarists and singer's sensitive little egos.
seriously though, the stereotype isn't true.
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Page 1 of 2