I've been getting into Pitch Shifting a lot recently after playing around with it on my RP70, and I want to get a dedicated pedal for it now. Now, I know the Blue Box is just an Octaver+Fuzz, but I'm liking the sound it gives from the Youtube vids I've watched, plus it's $110 cheaper than the PS-5 at Guitar Center. But the PS-5 definitely has a lot more versatility and is an actual Pitch Shifter, at the cost of being $180.

Which would be better for me? I don't have too much disposable income as a college student and I do have a Digitech Synth Wah already, which does sound similar to the Blue Box.
Last edited by GuerillaGorilla at Aug 22, 2009,
Most people I know who buy the Blue Box end up using it for a few days and never touch it again.

I'd go for a Whammy over either of them, to be honest.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
These are two completely different pedals. The Blue Box is primarily a fuzz, whereas the PS-5 is a pitch shifter. The PS-5 would be more appropriate for your pitch shifting desires.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Really? What advantage would a Whammy have over a Pitch Shifter since Whammy would only produce one signal versus the duality of the Pitch Shifter?
The Whammy has a built-in expression pedal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Well, you can get a separate expression pedal for the PS-5.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Raijouta
The Whammy has a built-in expression pedal.

Yeah, but the PS-5 does to a certain extent, too. Sound-wise, though, what would be the difference?

edit: Also what Dr.Pain-MD said
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. Try 'em both out if you can, I love my Whammy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
I like the PS5 more for the harmonys sound but if you want a a whammy sound (ala Satrani or RATM) Get the whammy
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Alright, PS-5 it is then. Just love that dual lead sound too much- thanks guys, now time to start saving up money...