Being offered one of these in a trade for a no-longer-wanted (and difficult to get rid of) PRS. I want to get some other opinions on it.

I've always liked Teles. Been told it has a C-shaped neck, but I honestly don't know enough about neck profiles to know what that means. S-1 noiseless pickups, apparently. Whadda ya'll think?
Last edited by Flying Couch at Aug 22, 2009,
C shaped means exactly what it sounds like. The neck is carved in the shape of a C, meaning the fretboard is rounded with the neck, as opposed to a D shaped neck, which has a flat board on top of a rounded neck.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
C shaped means exactly what it sounds like. The neck is carved in the shape of a C, meaning the fretboard is rounded with the neck, as opposed to a D shaped neck, which has a flat board on top of a rounded neck.

That is the first time I have ever seen anyone give an adequate, remotely understandable explanation of what that phrase means. Thank you sir.
No problem dude.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Richmanofaction
To further elaborate on an already good answer:
http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/BackContours.aspx

That is somewhat helpful. I imagine that PRS' wide-fat neck is fairly self-explanatory? Rather odd - I like it's neck, but I always tend to prefer guitars that boast a thin neck - not Ibanez Wizard thin, but thin.
Quote by RivercrestColts
I played one at GC and they are freaking nice (a bit more quality than my MIM)

But If I were you I'd keep the PRS, I love my SE even though its not a "Actual" Paul Reed

I'm not sure what I'm getting instead of it, but I'm dead set against keeping it. It's a nice guitar, it's just not what I want right now.
I'm not crazy about the shape of the neck when compared to older Fenders, but when comparing this to my pre-factory PRS I would take the Fender in a heartbeat.