14 24%
Ibanez Talman
5 8%
Gretsch Special Jet w/ DeArmond pickups
15 25%
Other (link or picture, please provide)
6 10%
Voters: 59.
Alright, I posted a thread kinda in this vein over on Harmony-Central, to help me find some options for a new guitar I might ask for for my 18th, coming up in October.

I took in their options, figured out what I liked, and now I'm going to do a poll. If you all would voice you opinion, or even suggest a different guitar, that'd be most welcome.

Only real requirements are that it needs to be under $400, and that it can't much overlap tonally with the Mean 90 equipped Epiphone Dot Studio I currently have. Used is fine, a few of the ones I'm thinking of are apparently discontinued anyway.

Personally, I'm leaning towards something in the Fender-ish direction, single-coils or similar, something that would fit in both with surf/rockabilly/rock in general, and also something that wouldn't look out of place in a psychedelic/prog band. I'm avoiding standard humbuckers due to my wanting a different sound, but as you can see, minibuckers are something I'm considering.

So, uh, here's some pics of the ones in the poll. chip in, vote, or just recommend something else. much thanks.

^Still waiting to see how much these are gonna cost.

^Kinda like this, but with trem.

Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I like the guitar two pictures up in flamed maple...ive never played any of them lol but that one looks niceedit:i also REALLY like that gretsch alot...if it were in white with a white pickguard would= sex
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Last edited by williamdllr at Aug 22, 2009,

At first I was like "ew wtf?!"

But then I was like "that's badass"
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Quote by StewieSwan

At first I was like "ew wtf?!"

But then I was like "that's badass"

Not to say the one I get would be that color, but man, you'll learn pretty quick that you can't hate Danelectro. They're too quirky not to love them.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Definitely can't go for that PRS, man, I've already got the P90 tonal palette covered with my modded Epiphone.

Plus, you know, not looking for full size humbuckers as a tone I'm after at the moment.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Bump for those of us who are not owls.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Is the Wilshire being made with mini humbucker? All the pictures I've seen of the reissue has full size humbuckers.
Quote by Maximum._.Power
Is the Wilshire being made with mini humbucker? All the pictures I've seen of the reissue has full size humbuckers.

The ones I'm considering are newly announced, and yeah, with the minibuckers instead of the full-sized humbuckers. However, they're not out yet, so whether or not they'll be out in time, and their price, will be a factor.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
He is looking for a Fender sound for surf/rockabilly so an epi lp would probably not be the best guitar
I've never really bonded to Les Pauls, thus no Les Paul in the poll. Only one that HAS caught my eye is the Agile goldtop with the 3 P90s but, again, not looking for P90s right now either.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Another bump I guess.

Guitars: