I'm not sure if this is the right place, I'm new here, but it seems like this is the place where it would fit best. I recently got dunlop strap loks so I could do guitar spins while live with my band. Installed great, everythings perfect, but one day at rehearsal I did a spin, and my guitar went flying. I thought the strap lock had failed, but what happened was, the screw that goes through the strap lock and into the guitar had pulled out of the guitar, stripping the wood. I tried screwing it back in? But it wouldn't hold, it simply slid out over and over. How do I fix this? I don't want to be stuck with a strapless guitar forever. Wood filler?
Last edited by mynameisgreg at Aug 22, 2009,
a quick fix is to shove as many toothpicks into the stripped hole

You can also add a bit of wood glue to those toothpicks if you wish.

At this point the screw can be re-inserted and your problems should be resolved.
Quote by kaplac
a quick fix is to shove as many toothpicks into the stripped hole

You can also add a bit of wood glue to those toothpicks if you wish.

At this point the screw can be re-inserted and your problems should be resolved.

Toothpicks always work

+1
Will it be strong enough for me to still do spins? I don't mind giving them up as long as I can still play standing up.
just get a 1/2'' drill bit drill a whole where the screws go then glue a 1/2'' dowl in there.