Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3
Randall 2x12 Extension Cab

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
Last edited by xBENNYx at Aug 22, 2009,
Why do you need a 4X12? An amp doesn't have to be a halfstack to be good.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I feel so sorry for you Aussies. Your gear prices are absolutely insane. If I sold the current gear I own there, I could buy a skyscraper.
Randall MTS series amp. RM50 would probably be the best. Blackface module for clean. Ultra XL, SL+, 1086, or KH-3 for hi gain. Maybe get a mod done. Check the MTS forum.

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/index.php

Clips: http://www.bandslink.com/randall.htm

http://www.dcmusicstore.com/Randall-RM50B-Amplifier

Good Luck.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
He is Australian JKMV11
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
He is Australian JKMV11

si, and? Ya, the website is US, but i was posting it merely for the specs.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by bucketmark
Yeah that's not really cheap, why don't you keep using the 2x12? It would give you more money for a better head.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Peavey-XXX-120-watt-all-tube-head_W0QQitemZ270444651968QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Amplifiers?hash=item3ef7c1e5c0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

im still going to keep the 2x12, and im just curious i might not buy a new amp
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3
Randall 2x12 Extension Cab

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
Quote by bucketmark
He is Australian JKMV11

He should still easily be able to find one of the Randalls posted within his budget.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
He should still easily be able to find one of the Randalls posted within his budget.

ya, i did the conversion. The Randall and modules is about $1400 USD new. $2000 AUD is approximately $1600 USD.
--Einstein

--Einstein
You obviously don't understand how the prices work right.. here i'll give you an example.

Peavey ValveKing 2x12 combo - 640USD
Peavey ValveKing 2x12 combo - 1189AUD
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by JKMV11
ya, i did the conversion. The Randall and modules is about $1400 USD new. $2000 AUD is approximately $1600 USD.

Yeah, but the real way to get Australian pricing is to do the math that you just did, except on a real piece of paper. Then you spill a drink on the piece of paper. Then crumple it up, then sneeze on it. Throw it out.

Now pull an outrageously large number out of the very air that you breathe, like it was a Vegas magic trick.
At least that's what most companies seem to do.
Australia are bum****ed on priceing guys.
The best for him would be to go Bugera honestly.

EDIT:Extended warranty.
Best to go used, check out my first link up there ^
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Used.Forgive me if I'm wrong,but if you bargained hard enough you could find a second hand peavey 5150 with a cab under $2000?
I know you can pick up a used JCM2000 with a cab for under $2000,so I can't imagine a peavey being alot more.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Sir Anonymous
Yeah, but the real way to get Australian pricing is to do the math that you just did, except on a real piece of paper. Then you spill a drink on the piece of paper. Then crumple it up, then sneeze on it. Throw it out.

Now pull an outrageously large number out of the very air that you breathe, like it was a Vegas magic trick.
At least that's what most companies seem to do.

i used an online currency converter and that is what is said. but i guess that isn't sufficient enough. But the Randall is still worth checking out.
--Einstein

--Einstein