I've seen really awesome looking guitars that don't have fret makers. I'm a player that really relies on them, and there's a noticeable difference and stuttering in my playing without them. I've heard you can buy inlays that stick on the fret board. But do they really stick? And where would be a good online place to buy them? Thanks in advance.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
It wouldnt be "inlay" if it just sticks on the board. They do have, what are essentially stickers, that you can just put on the fretboard but personally I think they look tacky. Does the guitar youre playing now not have inlay markers?
Yeah they are just stickers, but I have heard they stay on for quite some time.

How much time have you spent playing on a guitar without fretmarkers? The first time I tried one I was suprised how easy it was to get used to, you just have to make the switch from looking at the face dots to the side dots.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
I was suprised how easy it was to get used to, you just have to make the switch from looking at the face dots to the side dots.

+1
i use the side dots more...

but i do like inlays, because they look cool

thats why im planing on putting a red pentagram (12th) and diamonds! (rest of them) on my build that i will hopefully do when i get money!
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
My guitar didn't have inlays when I got it. I looked and all I found was stickers. I think I asked on UG but someone told me I could have them engraved or something which would be really expensive. If it has the dots on the side then it's fine. I didn't think I would be able to play the same without the inlays, but the dots are fine.
There be no shelter here.