Hey guys, I'm new to these forums, so I though I'd start off by showing you these pictures of my custom painted guitar

I started with this:

and this:

And ended with this:

So, what do you guys think?
Looks nice, but why naked doode angel? o.o
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
awesome! love everything except the penis. why?

EDIT: you can't really tell in the original, maybe it's just the picture... you could have made the lines a little softer and maybe cover it up a bit with the leg

Good job overall, though!
Last edited by malephik at Aug 22, 2009,
I like it, reckon SGs are possibly the best guitars for psychcadellic paint jobs. And who cares if it's got a picture of a penis on it, are you worried you might find it sexy or something?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Thats awesome. Apart from the Penis is a bit meh.

Quote by Xeus
i like the penis

LOL Sigged
RIP Tom Searle.
awesome, but yer, should have been a female angel... but pretty good paintin!

any clear on there tho? i would hate to see that rub off
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
A great tribute to a legendary guitar. Brill paintwork and absolutely right for the era. Now you have me tempted to 'do' my Yamaha!
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

lol yeah, I was in serious doubt to whether the angel should be male or female, but i thought it make it as close to the original as possible
Might be just a bad image you posted but yours is better than the original
I see that you also painted the neck. Does it still feel the same? Or can you feel the layer? Cus I know that some paints "feel slow".

May be a dumb question, but I'm just curious.
RIP Tom Searle.
very well done. but i must say, i liked it more before i realized it was a replica
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']You're new to the forums but already a legend to me.This man speaks the truth.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
I would have chopped off some of the headstock and glued on some wood to the top to make it Gibson styled
Quote by MH400
I see that you also painted the neck. Does it still feel the same? Or can you feel the layer? Cus I know that some paints "feel slow".

I applied some clear laquer at the end, and several layers on the pickguard. Was kinda sticky at the beginning, but maybe it dried some more, because its hardly noticable now.