1.) what is the function of locking nuts? why are they present in them floyd rose tremolo or ibanez tremolo guitars ONLY and not other guitars?

2.) is there a LES PAUL shaped guitar (Ibanez ART 100/ESP EC/Eclipse series shaped - or close to that simple shape) with a tremolo bridge/fixed bridge and a lock nut and is affordable (300-600$)??
Floating bridges (Floyd-Rose and similar) have fine tuners. Without them you can't use locking nuts or you wouldn't be able to tune at all. I have seen replacement TOM bridge systems that have fine tuners so they can go with locking nuts as a single locking system. But generally its better to use locking tuners with standard TOM bridge types if the standard tuners are not holding properly.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by dark_arts
1.) what is the function of locking nuts? why are they present in them floyd rose tremolo or ibanez tremolo guitars ONLY and not other guitars?

2.) is there a LES PAUL shaped guitar (Ibanez ART 100/ESP EC/Eclipse series shaped - or close to that simple shape) with a tremolo bridge/fixed bridge and a lock nut and is affordable (300-600$)??

Agile make an LP with a floyd - I'm sure I've seen it around here.

Otherwise look at ESP...they might have one

Quite recently gibson actually released one with a floyd...but its like $3000 I think...
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by dark_arts
keeps the guitar in tune no matter how hard you bend, whammy, dive or pick (at least a good locking nut will do this)

I have no idea, deends on who you buy it from I guess

The "Floyd Rose" is a patented version of a locking temolo system. It's teh most popular, i'm nit sure of any other brands.
the ECLIPSE-II FR and the EC-1000FR have one, just find a shape u like then put FR after it and see hwat comes up
agile has them. Wow it feels like i am advertising for them.
FS LTD EC-50 with GFS PowerRails Bridge pickup
1. holds your guitar in tune when you use the trem. normally, guitars with TOM or other fixed bridges dont have locking nuts because when you lock it down, it makes the notes go sharp. you would have to mess with the tuning for a while to get it right. normally, only guitars with locking trems have them because the trem has the fine tuners which you can adjust after you lock the nut so you can "fine tune" the guitar.

2. I'd look for a used LTD EC-1000 FR.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by dark_arts

well, obviously you're new to the guitar scene.

locking nuts are what help keep your guitar in tune by not letting the strings slip from the tuners.

without a locking bridge you couldn't finalize the tuning after locked, so a fixed and locking nut is a bad idea.

ESP/LTD is good with les paul type guitars. For 650 you can get a nice one.

Do you play metal or what.

cause I have more advice if I knew a little more.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
If you're asking why say a strat or a hardtailed guitar doesn't use them, is simply because they have no use for them. If restrung correctly, and the nut lubricated enough, you rarely go out of tune unless you're doing crazy bends. I only have to retune after I put my guitar down for a while and the humidity changes or something
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by CKYIbanezParker
well, obviously you're new to the guitar scene.

locking nuts are what help keep your guitar in tune by not letting the strings slip from the tuners.

without a locking bridge you couldn't finalize the tuning after locked, so a fixed and locking nut is a bad idea.

ESP/LTD is good with les paul type guitars. For 650 you can get a nice one.

Do you play metal or what.

cause I have more advice if I knew a little more.

yeah, i play metal... melodic death, and doom stuff... no intense shreds...