What decent 7 string guitars are out recently that are also good looking and play well? Also with a good floating bridge which stays in tune.

I'm looking for transparent colours (unless it's white) with ebony or maple fretboard, jumbo frets and maybe scalloped uppers. 24 frets or more, preferably no middle pickup but I don't mind. No flying Vs.

Thanks.

BTW budget is £1-2k
Last edited by ldragon-slayerl at Aug 22, 2009,
If maple necks are your thing, the Jeff Loomis signature is pretty nice. That's my only gripe with it, the neck.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
That Agile is nice I bookmarked the link, but it would probably require a bridge replacement. I use a licensed Floyd which is a piece of junk, however that would probably depend on who it's licensed to.

I've already thought about the Jeff Loomis sig, its definitely on my list.
I'd say the Ibanez is your best bet, in terms of production guitars. However, if you can find a used RG7621, those are some of the best 7 string guitars ever made. Check ebay. Also, Carvin is a brand to consider, they build them custom to your specs, and you could probably get the exact 7 string you want, for about $1000. They sound a little better than the Ibanez line, but they don't play quite as nice. The only Schecter I would consider is the Jeff Loomis Signature, but I'd only get that if you play exclusively metal with the thing.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
That Aigle is very nice. Looks like pretty high spec stuff for £400.
I've heard good things about Agiles, but the downside is, you can't try them before you buy them. It may turn out to be an absolutely excellent guitar that doesn't go well with your hands or technique. However, it shouldn't have been recommended for a guy that's looking for a more expensive 7 string.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30