I think there was a thread on this a while back, but I couldn't find it

Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to try out some contacts because I'm sick of my glasses. I've never tried them before.

Do any of you guys have them? Are they as hard to put in as people say they are?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
if you put them in just 1 little millimeter wrong they ripp your eyeballs apart and make you bleed.

I prefer glasses if i ever have to get one
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Henkdemachtige
if you put them in just 1 little millimeter wrong they ripp your eyeballs apart and make you bleed.

I'll be sure to be careful.

srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
I have them, its not very hard after a week or so. You just have to make sure you keep them clean and don't sleep in them too long.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
I want to get contacts.. I hate wearing glasses, and I when I don't wear them I get pissed off 'cos I can't see.(obviously).. but I have to pay for them my self, and the places I've applied to for jobs haven't replied and/or don't want me.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Yeah I use them. And after the first few days they're not hard to put in at all.

Agreed.
I use the daily ones that you don't sleep in and they're brilliant.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I think I'm the only person who actually likes wearing glasses. Why do y'all hate them?

They hurt my nose and make my eyes sore, and for some reason whenever I put them on I get a massive headache
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I wear monthlies. They're alright, but I prefer dailies. My eyes often get quite dry with these, which is an absolute pain.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I think I'm the only person who actually likes wearing glasses. Why do y'all hate them?

1. They are annoying to wear.
2. Everything looks smaller
3. Your peripheral vision is bad.
4. Risk of them getting lost / broken.

Plus some people don't like the look of them. I don't mind them really and I will wear them from time to time but contacts just seem infinitely better to me
Quote by jimbob78
I wear monthlies. They're alright, but I prefer dailies. My eyes often get quite dry with these, which is an absolute pain.

Alright so I'll try to go for dailies.

srsly.

Quote by AnAngrySquirrel

I don't necessarily hate them, but I have to kinda be in the mood to wear them. Also, depending on how long my hair is, they can look plain stupid and just get in the way.

TS, contacts aren't hard to put in at all, I put them in using only one hand.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Well, unless you're playing guitar by thrashing your dick around the strings I see no application of guitar technique to sex.

My band, Two Days In February
Contact lenses rock!

Ive always had trouble putting them in and out so my optometrist gave me ones that you can keep in your eye for a whole month-without having to take them out. (Although they recommend you take them out one night a week).
Ive had them for 3 years and had no problems.
Although I'm not sure if just anybody can get them. My sister cant get them. She ,er, doesnt have the right eye (?) for those lenses.

Maybe u can ask about them
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
I had serious trouble getting them in and out at first, for maybe two weeks, and then I started to get better and now it's no problem to me.

The only issue is how much the bloody things cost, I end up wearing my glasses most of the time anyway because I can't afford to wear contacts.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
if you're retarded you'll have problems. if not they're going to be the best things in your life (if your vision was as bad as mine...)
For the first week or so you might have trouble getting 'em in and out, but after that it's easy.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
When you get used to to putting them in it'll be fine. The first few times it might hurt cos you'll probably put them in wrong. I never found taking them out a problem. But I couldn't be bothered putting them in in the morning because I'm so tired in the morning and I'm nearly always in a rush. I just went back to glasses because they're so much more convenient. However, I broke my glasses recently and thought I'd use contacts again and I found my eyes felt so much more tired than with glasses.
I sleep with mine in.
Don't start sleeping with them in until your eyes are comfortable, or your doctor tells you not to.
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine
I've had glasses for the past 3 years and I've been trying to get contacts for the past month

first time the optician there was sick and wasn't allowed to handle contact lenses in case someone caught her infection (I only talked to the lady at the counter....which didn't manage to cancel my appointment earlier than the time I had already arrived there)

I get another appointment a week and a half later and that time the optician wouldn't let me get them because I have some slight pink eye that needs to clear up first and my local doctor is on sick leave

also, **** titanium frames, I've broken two damn expensive pairs and couldn't get either fixed because titanium is unweldable
Last edited by seljer at Aug 22, 2009,
TS,make sure you get a perscription for clear and colored just in case you might want them in the future, it will save you cash.
Ugh, I can't stand contacts. I had them for a week and I got rid of them.

My eyes were sore, they itched, they were hard to get in and hard to get out and everyone thought I was stoned because my eyes were red!

I'll stick to my glasses. They never leave my face unless I'm sleeping or cleaning them and I forget I ever have them nowadays.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I wear contacts. You get used to them after a while. Just make sure you wash your hands before you put them in as getting something like a hair behind them is horrible.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Its a pain in the a$$ the first weeks, I remember spending about half an hour every time I had to put them on, or when I needed to take them off. A year later I spend like 30 seconds on each eye
Be sure to be very hygenic.
I've had contacts for 5 years. Never really had any big problems with them. Like the guy above me said, it'll take a couple days to get used to putting them in but now I don't need a mirror or anything I can just sit here and take them out. Just keep 'em clean. Eye infections are pretty common if you're not careful with that.
I don't have a sig. Or an avatar.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel

well, i remember the first few weeks it took a lil while to get used to putting them in. but i really like em. If you do get em, NEVER EVER soak or rinse them with tap water. Theres a microbacteria in it that can create small scars on your eyes. Nothing real noticeable, but you may be able to prevent eye problems in the future. Just use contact solution

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Just open your eyes as wide as possible with your spare hand, put the contact lens right in the middle of your index finger, and put it straight in there.

They say to get used to rubbing your eyes with your finger, but I reckon that's bull**** and how can that not make your eye sight worse?
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy