It's much easier when tilting it
Gear:
Bugera 6262 head
MXR M-108
Gibson Explorer faded
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
It won't sound 'flowing' like that, and it's much harder to regulate speed, volume, etc.
Actually, while normally picking I don't hit the strings vertically either.
try it and see for yourself

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
you should be sweeping because of the way it sounds, which is like this: dooduhleedahduhleedeeduhleedaahhh not tit-tit-tit-tit-tit-tit
Quote by eddievanzant
you should be sweeping because of the way it sounds, which is like this: dooduhleedahduhleedeeduhleedaahhh not tit-tit-tit-tit-tit-tit

well, excuse me for liking the sound of tits.
little tip (excuse the pun), heat the end of the pick with a lighter softening it a bit then when its cooled twist it to the desired angle. feels more comfortable than having to angle the pick.
I have looked up the secrets of sweeping, as a first day guitar student (have only had 1 lesson) but he says sweeping will have to wait until lesson 25 at least

Thanks anyway
Hello, my name is Phillip McGraaw

I have PhD in Women's Studies/Immigration trends from University of Texas at Austin.

I am an Indian who immigrated to America 7 years ago. I like Warehouse 13, Twitter, Guitar, etc.
Quote by Serg1
little tip (excuse the pun), heat the end of the pick with a lighter softening it a bit then when its cooled twist it to the desired angle. feels more comfortable than having to angle the pick.

That would work on the up sweep... but what about going the other way... wouldn't that cause even more tension than a vertical sweep?
GEAR:
67' Gibson ES-335(Cherry)
Oscar Schmidt Delta King
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
PEDALBOARD:
TC Electronic Polytune
Fulltone GT-500
Vox Wah
Ernie Ball volume
Sparkle Drive (clean boost)
Boss DD-20
Quote by EBGuitar
That would work on the up sweep... but what about going the other way... wouldn't that cause even more tension than a vertical sweep?

not for me i always angle the pick