Okay so I'm kinda on a low budget at the minute. I can either get a Jackson dinky with Jackson pick-ups in, or get a cheaper guitar that I like the feel of, and stick EMGs in it. What would you suggest, or do yourself?

Also, I've made up my mind, but would you suggest getting an EMG or a dimebucker?
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
depends what sound you're looking for

EMG's. Dimebuckers are awful
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
i thought so too about the dimebuckers. never liked them.

and i play hard rock, heavy metal, and anything similar.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Well, EMG's are great for heavy metal. But the Dinky will be more versatile (EMG's, like the EMG 81, are pretty much one trick ponies)
i'd be keeping the neck pick-up, a humbucker, for anything i didn't want to use the emg for. and it would be the emg 81 that i would get. how well do 81's handle cleans?
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Not that great, you wouldnt buy an 81 for the cleans I'll put it that way
Quote by Mr.Feather
i'd be keeping the neck pick-up, a humbucker, for anything i didn't want to use the emg for. and it would be the emg 81 that i would get. how well do 81's handle cleans?

If you want cleans with EMG's get an EMG 60 in the neck.

However if you're going to buy EMG's be certain of three things

1: You have a good quality tube amp (otherwise they won't sound like they should)

2: You're confident of your ability to EQ (otherwise you're never going to find a sound you're happy with)

3: You have no obvious flaws in your technique (EMG's will show this up more so than any pickup I've found)

If anyone of these things makes you think twice, don't get buy them.

They can be wonderfully versatile and great sounding pickups, if you know what you're doing.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
^ tommy t is right. I'm honestly not huge on jacksons though so i would modify a guitar that had a really good feel to it. Jacksons are great, don't get me wrong, I just haven't found one yet though that feels good neck wise to me...but hey i'm picky . You really won't notice to much difference between emg's and regular good pickups unless you have a good amp. one thing i'd suggest is looking at maybe another good pickup for the neck instead of just leaving the stock one in... maybe a dimarzio or something that would be versatile and sound good for cleans... your on your own there i don't know much about pickups other than i love my emg's... good luck to you though