We have a heavy metal / hard rock thing going on, and currently we have the name Iron Outlaw. I think it kicks ass but apparently its too similar to iron maiden, I picked Iron outlaw because it reminded me of a psycho-cyborg-outlaw. Any suggestions? We all wanna keep outlaw in it. But not like steel outlaw, idk
heres a suggestion Outlaws Of The (BLANK) - just pick summat to go there, hope kick starts some ideas of ur own
Guitars
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Ibanez DTX-120
Yamaha APX-500
Encore Fender Copy (Custom Hardware)
Epiphone Flying V Bass

Amps
Fender FM 25 DSP
Roland Microcube
Peavey Bass Amp

Pedals
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Boss Me-25
well tbh TS i think iron outlaw kicks major ass.
but if u wanna change it well you could try something along the lines of outlaws of hell, outlaw released, revenge of the outlaw (ROTO)
Exploding Head Syndrome.
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
Quote by dr_shred
well tbh TS i think iron outlaw kicks major ass.
but if u wanna change it well you could try something along the lines of outlaws of hell, outlaw released, revenge of the outlaw (ROTO)

seconding the iron outlaw
pick something that could not be duplicated, has a name that either makes complete sense or no sense at all, and most importantly,

PICK A NAME that kids can remember, that has a ring to it.

like for instance, my bands name is Storm Norton. we play heavy metal. our name has no background and makes no sense what so ever. we've only played 2 shows months apart due to band troubles, and we already have built a big enough fan base to support us, just on the name alone. sounds silly, but tis' true.
It sounds nothing like Iron Maiden. That name is f-cking awesome. It makes me think of some super badass robot cowboy. Sort of like a western-style Terminator. Just because there's a fairly huge band that uses Iron in their name doesn't mean the word is off-limits.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by Monolith295
It sounds nothing like Iron Maiden. That name is f-cking awesome. It makes me think of some super badass robot cowboy. Sort of like a western-style Terminator. Just because there's a fairly huge band that uses Iron in their name doesn't mean the word is off-limits.

Wow, I didnt even mention the terminator thing but you got it dead on thats what gave me the name like a steam powered terminator kind of outlaw / bounty hunter. ...You rock
I agree with Monolith, just use the name, hopefully lawsuits won't come in the years to follow the decision.

Now, I'm sorry for jumping on your topic but I don't want to have to make a new one and waste space. I also need a band name.
Wow, I didnt even mention the terminator thing but you got it dead on thats what gave me the name like a steam powered terminator kind of outlaw / bounty hunter. ...You rock

I'm too lazy to look up how to do that smug smiley thing that I'd totally put it there.

Think of all the merch potential with that name!!! Just as long as you don't sound similar and don't use some "mascot" type thing (which is kind of a damn shame considering the images that name gives) I don't think comparisons would be drawn.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Dear god, do you know how many dozens of bands have iron in their name?

iron age, iron savior, iron angel, iron guard, iron giant, iron youth, iron cross, ironhawk, ironside, iron rage, iron lung, iron horse, iron kobra... iron maiden... And thats all I can think of off the top of my head. dont worry about being compared to iron maiden. im not trying to detract you from using the name. just dont think that comparison has stopped anyone else, haha

edit: i forgot about iron man, iron clad, and iron rainbow
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, RATHER EMAIL MY SITE
beaconcraft@hotmail.com
www.beaconcraft.com

Quote by On Winds of Plague
The problem with these guys, they aren't beating a dead horse, they're sodomizing it, and then charging people to watch the video on the internet.
Last edited by Mr. Hand at Aug 25, 2009,

iron age, iron savior, iron angel, iron guard, iron giant, iron youth, iron cross, ironhawk, ironside, iron rage, iron lung, iron horse, iron kobra... iron maiden... And thats all I can think of off the top of my head. dont worry about being compared to iron maiden. im not trying to detract you from using the name. just dont think that comparison has stopped anyone else, haha

Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Quote by Mr. Hand

iron butterfly
Yes we are so sticking with it, but the mascot thing lol I have drawn a terminator kind of bandit thing, I wouldnt go so far as to put him on every album like Eddie or Vic Rattlehead... or god forbid put a living breathing man in an iron outlaw costume while we play lol THAT would probably have comparisobs
Isn't there some monster truck or another with the same name? That's the only reason you would need to be careful, as I see it.
Isn't there some monster truck or another with the same name? That's the only reason you would need to be careful, as I see it.

GRAVE DIGGERRRRR!!!!!!

They play those commercials nonstop when those things come through.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp