So I was looking around online and I come across this amp. The Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. Online reviews says it's very versatile which is what I'm looking for but I need some more opinions and a few questions answered (hopping you guys can answer them)

Does the Hot Rod play Metal very well?
Can it play Judas Priest and Nirvana?
Is it really all that Versatile?
How heavy is it?
Will it sound half decent in a Auditorium or Gym?
Will I be getting my moneys worth?
Quote by Dankscarver
So I was looking around online and I come across this amp. The Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. Online reviews says it's very versatile which is what I'm looking for but I need some more opinions and a few questions answered (hopping you guys can answer them)

Does the Hot Rod play Metal very well? ....... No
Can it play Judas Priest and Nirvana? Priest, no. Nirvana, with a DS1/2, yes
Is it really all that Versatile? No
How heavy is it? Fifty pounds roughly
Will it sound half decent in a Auditorium or Gym? What do you mean? It's loud enough if that's what you're asking
Will I be getting my moneys worth? With fender's price hike, no not at all

The HRD has good cleans, that's about it. What's your budget? Any genres beside grunge and metal? Can you go used? Where are you located to help us find you used gear?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Dankscarver

Does the Hot Rod play Metal very well?
Can it play Judas Priest and Nirvana?
Is it really all that Versatile?
How heavy is it?
Will it sound half decent in a Auditorium or Gym?
Will I be getting my moneys worth?

If you're looking for a primarily metal amp you'll probably want to look elsewhere. It'd definitely need a boost to get into most metal genres from everything I've heard from it. I don't own it though so I could be wrong, but there are probably better options if you're looking for an amp for metal.
Quote by Dankscarver

1.Does the Hot Rod play Metal very well?
2.Can it play Judas Priest and Nirvana?
3.Is it really all that Versatile?
4.How heavy is it?
5.Will it sound half decent in a Auditorium or Gym?
6.Will I be getting my moneys worth?

1. Maybe with a pedal, but won't sound as good has a true metal amp
2.Nirvanna, yes, Judas Priest see 1.
3. No, only the clean channel is worth it
4. ???
5. Yes in an auditorium, but not in a gym, nothing sounds good in a gym anyway
6. Hell yes

That answered, if you plan on playing mostly metal with, find something else, unless you find at a really good price used and use the money you saved to buy good dist pedal
I have one and I don't think that it is versatile. It has great cleans but the distortion is going to max out at blues/rock tones. Also, it is very loud for its size/output.

If you want to play metal with it you will have to get some distortion/overdrive pedals. IMO you would be better off getting a different amp if hard rock/metal is your priority since pedals will quickly increase your budget.
Quote by kckyle
get a peavey triple X

Thanks! I'm surprised, I found one I can actually afford. lol

I even got the heads up from my friend who knows just about everything about amps. lol.
I bought my HRD new for $499 flat, wooooo!
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.