whats the thing about the firewire port ...400 or 800 i was gonna ge the macbook pro 2.6gh 4gig ram but they only have s800 firewire and on he presonus website they stryckly recomend to use s400 whats the deal

they say there could be an audio probem so they say to use a s400 connection only
the firewire 800 ports aer backwards-compatable with firewire 400, you just need to use the appropriate cable. so, you can use a firewire400 device with a firewire800 port.
ive been reading about it on various websites ..thanks alot

my only concern was that presonus recomended a s400 firewire only because there could be no audio/recording playback but the device will install and sync and erratic audio performanceWe recomend firewire card that have s400 connections only

so am i going to be ok if i buy a good cable like you said?to connect in a s800firewire card
Quote by milton847
ive been reading about it on various websites ..thanks alot

my only concern was that presonus recomended a s400 firewire only because there could be no audio/recording playback but the device will install and sync and erratic audio performanceWe recomend firewire card that have s400 connections only

so am i going to be ok if i buy a good cable like you said?to connect in a s800firewire card

Frankly, i don't know.
Firewire800 is a young technology, and i'd say that it is just as likely to have issues relating to specific chipsets/hardware , as well as issues with the technology itself.

officially, they are backwards compatible. how the individual chipsets and audio interfaces, (and the manufactures behind them) behave is another matter entirely.

also, notice that (as far as i know) there is not a single audio interface on the market with firewire800 output yet, i suspect that manufactures will always err on the side of caution and recommend only using firewire400. as i said, 800 is young technology and it will take a while for incompatabilities and other issues to become fully apparent.