Well, I have a Cort X11 electric guitar, with EMG-HZ pickups... I mostly play heavy metal, and I think about changing those EMG-HZ to Zakk Wylde EMG-81 EMG-85 pickup set, do they produce good deep sounds on overdrive and distortion? also should I disable the middle pickup?
if you don't have a good tube amp there gonna sound muddy and you wont get there full power.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
emg's actives are quite good at playing metal and should be a good upgrade as long as you have a good amp o play them on, you can disconcet the pickup whilst leaving it in the cavity
will they be 2 powerful for Marshall MG10CD? and one more thing what's an active pickup?
Quote by rockashadow
will they be 2 powerful for Marshall MG10CD? and one more thing what's an active pickup?

if you want emg's you've got to get rid of the mg. active pickups are powered by a battery whlst passive are not
let's say that I bought that EMG-81 85 set... is there a thread on UG explaining how to install active pickups?
oh and one more question, I heard it's prewired for 4 knobs, mine has only 2, can a master install another 2 knobs together with the active pickups?
installing pickups is easy you only need to know how to do some soldering, with the diagram you get there are other options for 3 or 2 potentiometers