Another song from my band, it pretty much fits in with the other songs (if you've heard them), and I have a nagging feeling that I may have plagiarised a riff. Anyway, comments would be greatly apprectiated, and the favour shall be returned.
Attachments:
metulz.zip
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Sep 8, 2009,
That's ****ing brutal man. Very At the Gates like (with a couple core-esque riffs). I love it, such a unique feel throughout with many (MANY) influences shown. Breautiful <3.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Thanks, man. About the '-core riffs', were you referring to the vaguely breakdown-y bit in the bridge? Because I was going more for a Deliverance by Opeth or One by Metallica feel.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Yay, string intro that isn't generic!

First riff is cool, but you know...there. Second riff I really dig, very dark sounding and definitely cool. Verse and following riff are very At the Gates esque, as ASM said. The chorus is cool, but by this point the riffs are getting boring. But, the interlude spiced it up quite a bit.

The first part of the main bridge was okay, but the second part was much more interesting but needed the first part for it to make sense. Not a fan of the rest.

If you would've thrown in a thrashy break between a few of those, I would've dug this much more than I do. Nothing wrong with it, by any means, it just seems a bit doomier than what I expected, but hey, if you're going for that who cares?

7/10 based on my opinion
9/10 based on song.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187472
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
ehh, the intro was meh. IMO strings just doing chords and such suck in metal. Early At The Gates is IMO how strings should be done in metal. IE, solos and melodies instead of just some (usually generic) chord voicings swelling in and out.

Also, alot of the riffs were generic, I mean, theres only so many variations on pedal point riffs, and alot of the progressions were expected, the i-VI-v progression as a pedal point riff has been done to death and back again, then back to death. However the chorus was genius, the high melody above the chords was epic. And IMO the only good part. However I also liked the part with the bends and pinch harmonics/whammy bar. Then the first part of the bridge came in and I was like /facepalm. Way too generic and out of place IMO. And waaaay too long.

However the rest of the bridge was cool. And the it was good, 'cept the last chorus. The chords were better then some generic chugga-chugga-chugga stuff. So, overall a 5/10. The Chorus and a few other parts were good, but overall it sounds like any other melodic DM song. More songs in these genres should take inspiration from early ATG then from Slaugher of the Suck, I mean, back in the early days, TRITSIO and their 2nd album, they were really doing new innovative stuff. Then they just started doing generic pedal point riff crap.

Sorry for the ATG rant >_>

Anyways, C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1180216
This song sounds like a combo of Into Eternity and Anubis Gate.

The string intro isn't needed.

The straight up melodic riff in C minor doesn't fit in this song AT ALL IMO, I don't know what else you could put but it just doesn't work considering the odd melodic content of the rest of the song.

The Verse and the Variants on it however are exellent.

Intro needs to go and the melodic riff needs something more fitting, otherwise its great.

7/10

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1184424 Crit mine?
Meh. The beginning was interesting. And the first two riffs were pretty dark, which I enjoyed. But the verse didnt fit at all. It actually sounded happy. The chorus was pretty good, but goes on for too long.

The bridge is my main problem though. All of the bridges are very out of place, and just boring/generic. The interlude was interesting, but too long. And I wish the were some solos and some faster paced section. As it is, the song kind of plods along, and loses my interest after the first verse. It also loses the dark vibe that I had hoped it would keep.