hiya everyone

so heres the story: im the back up clean vocalist and the lead scream vocalist for my band and i need some tips on how to keep from loosing my voice. (ive tried lemon juice and honey and it only helps me a little bit) so, any secrets that could help me?

and another thing, i do some inhale screaming now and again and i have trouble controling my breathing and ill run out of breath sometimes after only two verses if i dont take a few seconds to recover. so does anyone have tips to control my breathing?

thnx in advance to everyone who actually helps
Stop screaming?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Hereiwas
Stop screaming?

This, forever.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Hereiwas
Stop screaming?

This X2
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by Hereiwas
Stop screaming?

i would...except, id like to continue doing what i love
Learn to scream safetly and ignore the people who don't know what they're talking about...?
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Venice King
This, forever.

And ever.

But seriously, don't use inhales, apparently it can seriously fucjk up your vocal cords.

Learn to project your voice, use abdominal muscles to get as much volume as possible without putting strain on your vocal cords.

Also, warm (not hot, not cold) water every 15 minutes or so.

And what kind of screaming do you mean? Metalcore-ish screaming?
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by BlackandSilver
Learn to scream safetly and ignore the people who don't know what they're talking about...?

what do you mean by "scream safely"?
Quote by Harrisfun
hiya everyone

so heres the story: im the back up clean vocalist and the lead scream vocalist for my band and i need some tips on how to keep from loosing my voice. (ive tried lemon juice and honey and it only helps me a little bit) so, any secrets that could help me?

and another thing, i do some inhale screaming now and again and i have trouble controling my breathing and ill run out of breath sometimes after only two verses if i dont take a few seconds to recover. so does anyone have tips to control my breathing?

thnx in advance to everyone who actually helps

There's your problem, inhaling is worse for you than exhaling screams or doing death metal vocals. You should also learn how to use your diaphragm so you don't run out of breath. More importantly, get a vocal coach, drink lots of luke-warm water, do proper warm ups before you sing/scream, and if you smoke (anything) or drink alcohol, stop. Alcohol doesn't do your vocal cords any good, and smoking is bad for your lung capacity. If your throat still hurts after all of this, then I'm sorry but you need to stop.
Quote by entity0009

And what kind of screaming do you mean? Metalcore-ish screaming?

if you know who Chiodos or Vanna are, we do a lot of stuff like that and we do some stuff like Sepultura or Slipknot
Quote by Harrisfun
if you know who Chiodos or Vanna are, we do a lot of stuff like that and we do some stuff like Sepultura or Slipknot

OK, based on the first Vanna video I found.

First try the type of scream which normally hurts your throat. You should feel your throat vibrating near the top, and it feels like your pushing the air to the back of your throat.

Now try to direct the vibration downwards, using your diaphragm for more force.

Do this at full volume, otherwise you will strain your throat.

Eh, it's sorta hard to explain.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Have your vocal chords as low as they will go when you scream, instead of as high as they will go.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Youtube "Zen of Screaming."

Or if you're lazy, use distortion and yell, nobody really cares if you scream or not.
Quote by Hereiwas
Stop screaming?

I'm gonna have to go with this.

Unless you growl like Akerfeldt (sp?) then by all means, keep doing what you're doing.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Aug 22, 2009,
there are vocal coaches for screaming. find one
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Wow lots of people are being douchbags about this, he obviously loves doing what he's doing, don't bitch him out because he likes screaming. It's alot harder then singing normally so stop being douchbags and help.
If it really hurts then you must be doing somthing wrong, use more of your gut area to try and "push" the scream downwards.
DO NOT INHALE, it will destory your vocal cords, it's REALLY bad for it.
Try finding a vocal coach for it as mentioned before.
Just stick with it and work on it.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by third-eye

Or if you're lazy, use distortion and yell, nobody really cares if you scream or not.

LOL i tried that once, it just sounded ****ed up
Quote by Tango616
If it really hurts then you must be doing somthing wrong

it doesnt hurt when i scream. its just that, after i scream for awhile (if i scream frequently for a day or two) i simply have no grit in my voice to scream
Learn to do it properly.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"