You know the story: Small budget, looking for cheaper alternatives, etc. I'm looking at 4 of their pedals: NR100 Noise Reducer, UC200 Ultra Chorus, the DD400 Digital Delay/Echo, and the VD1 Vintage Distortion. Are any of these worth their weight? I'm more concerned about the noise gate and the chorus, but I wouldn't mind having another decent delay, and an American Big Muff (copy). Thanks!

EDIT: I don't plan on buying them all at once.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Last edited by theacousticpunk at Aug 22, 2009,
Quote by stykerwolf
The vintage distortion i played through a Cloudy Tonefire sounded horrible, it was too muddy.

But then again, i didn't fiddle around with it for an hour.

Everything at 12 oclock is a little dark sounding. I A/B'd it with a friend's Russian Muff. The Behringer is definitely voiced more like the American model but holds it own quite well.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
I would've posted there, but they weren't really talking about specific pedals.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
I really liked the DD400. I'm still happy I spent the extra $220 on my Hardwire, but the DD400 is very nice nonetheless.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Ah yeah hardwires are awesome... They rock hard!!!
hmm ok some other question.. .what's the difference between the Russian and USA Big Muff (any story there??)

hmm as for the behringers.. the only thing i dont like is that they are plastic (except the Muff Copy right??)
otherwise i'd go checking em out
Quote by vigenharutyunya
Ah yeah hardwires are awesome... They rock hard!!!
hmm ok some other question.. .what's the difference between the Russian and USA Big Muff (any story there??)

hmm as for the behringers.. the only thing i dont like is that they are plastic (except the Muff Copy right??)
otherwise i'd go checking em out

The Russian Muff is a little smoother, fuzz-wise. The USA has a little more dirt and grit to it. And yes, the Behringer muff clone has a metal casing. Here's a shot of the internals incase you wondering. People seem to love guts shots of pedals on here, haha.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
The delay rocks! Get it! I have an in depth review in that other thread on the front page right now.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite