Sorry

Well I've been browsing around here for a while now, looking at other people's 'new amp' threads and checking out some of the amps that you guys round here have suggested. I live in the UK so things are a little more expensive over here, and used equipment isn't as easy to come (nothing on criagslist and not much on ebay).

Anyway, my budget can go up to a maximum of £300 unless I want to wait another half a year with my crappy zoom thing. I would like a tube amp if possible, which is good for home volume, but should I join a band and want to gig it should be able to handle that too (I've heard 5-15watts is enough for small gigs, but maybe need to be mic'd).

I play mostly everything (blues, metal, rock, punk, pop)

Anyway... I've made a list of what amps have took my interest so far. Here goes.

tl;dr - opinions on these amps

Roland Cube 20X/30X
Vox Valvetronix VT15/30
Peavey VK112
Laney LV200/300
Crate V18
Blackheart Little Giant + Cab
Peavey Classic 30 (maybe too much of a push for under £300)

opinions and suggestions? thanks
the Roland Cube 30x is your best bet for home practicing but not really loud enough for gigging.
i suggest save up
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
blackstar ht5

£300 exactly
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
peavey classic 30 if you can get one you will need a good overdrive pedal to be able to play metal but overall that amp is the best from your list

edit: the blackstar ht-5 is a good amp aswell but it might need to hooked upto a pa sytem to be heard
Last edited by britishsligean at Aug 22, 2009,
Quote by britishsligean
edit: the blackstar ht-5 is a good amp aswell but it might need to hooked upto a pa sytem to be heard

Would the combo be better than the ministack?
Quote by marc0mu

go for a head and a different cab.

the combo is too heavy and the ministack is meh to me
feel free to add me
Quote by marc0mu

the combo and the mini stack would be about the same he stack may be slightly louder, but the easiest to move around is the combo
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

the combo is too heavy and the ministack is meh to me

too heavy? >_>

5w combo? is it really that heavy?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
too heavy? >_>

5w combo? is it really that heavy?

i own a 5watt Blackheart Little Giant and its very heavy.... imo anyways
feel free to add me
A heavy amp isn't really what I'm looking for - I like some treble in my overdrive. Would I just be able to turn the treble up to make it sounds 'not heavy'?
Quote by marc0mu
A heavy amp isn't really what I'm looking for - I like some treble in my overdrive. Would I just be able to turn the treble up to make it sounds 'not heavy'?

By "heavy", they mean weight, not tone. The Blackstar will be fine for that.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE