Ok so I'm looking at laptops for college and I'm noticing that processors seem to affect price more than anything. So, is there really a noticeable difference in speed and performance between a computer with a '2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor' compared to a '2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor'? Is that difference worth $200?
I am fine and mine is the 2.13

If you have the money get the better one, if not, the cheaper one is fast enough. Unless you are playing games and stuff you can go for the cheaper one
Yeah. The processor is the main component that gives your computer speed, then ram. So don't be cheap...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
There is a difference... but it's not really worth it unless you absolutely need it.

I have an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (2.66GHz stock) in my desktop which I overclocked to just over 2.9GHz, and I got probably a 10% increase in application performance, at least.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Logic Express is probably going to be the most cpu intensive program I'll be running. I might be gaming a little bit but not much...
You'll be fine with the cheaper proc then.

Make sure you have at least 4GB of RAM though. I swear, RAM is like the Asprin of computer performance, it fixes pretty much everything... unless it's something that relies heavily on the videocard or something.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Phenom x4 @ 2.22GhZ right here.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
If you're not doing anything intensive (professional audio/video/physics/calculation processing), you will be okay with a 2.13Ghz.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by huevomax
Intel Pentium 4 (3 Ghz)

I win

Intel Celeron M 1.5 Ghz.

Suck it
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
Quote by fumb-duck
Intel Celeron M 1.5 Ghz.

Suck it

That's like for a notebook right??
The difference between 2.13 GHz and 2.53 GHz will be noticeable, but not worth an extra $200. You should be fine with the slower one.
You wont notice the difference in day to day usage. It might make the difference in CPU intensive applications, a little. But I went from dual core to quad core, and you don't notice, i only notice when i'm editing video, which is why i upgraded. Go for the cheaper one, you wont notice.