Page 1 of 2
anyone know how

i use to play for 10-15 hours stright and it worked really good.

i might do that now.

i need to work on timing with my right and left hand and making my hands more accurate, how would i be able to do that

sorry my caps don't work.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
just practice with a metrenome alot and practice alot of scales...your hands will be become more accurate the more you practice

it takes time but you will become alot more accurate and faster
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
buy a metronome, practice scales

and tbh the whole 10-15 hour straight thing is either you lying or having no life what so ever... it wont be doing that much difference from just doing a couple of hours
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
buy a metronome, practice scales

and tbh the whole 10-15 hour straight thing is either you lying or having no life what so ever... it wont be doing that much difference from just doing a couple of hours

im just serious and determined. guitar is more important that friends.

music brings me joy and thats why i practiced that much.

i can't now because of school.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by CKYIbanezParker

well yeah if its something you enjoy then fair enough, I mean I love playing guitar, it always cheers me up
Quote by CKYIbanezParker
anyone know how

i use to play for 10-15 hours stright and it worked really good.

i might do that now.

i need to work on timing with my right and left hand and making my hands more accurate, how would i be able to do that

sorry my caps don't work.

The thing is, if you practiced that long and intensive, why would you need to improve those areas if the practice you did was correct?
Don't have a social life and turn off the internet.

Bam.

Next Van Halen.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Gego
The thing is, if you practiced that long and intensive, why would you need to improve those areas if the practice you did was correct?

cause I don't think I practice correctly. Thats partly my question.

How do I practice correctly to improve my playing length,my accuracy,and my speed.

and to the guy down there who said my hours were bull****;
How do you know i didn't practice that much

that is all.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by CKYIbanezParker
cause I don't think I practice correctly. Thats partly my question.

How do I practice correctly to improve my playing length,my accuracy,and my speed.

and to the guy down there who said my hours were bull****;
How do you know i didn't practice that much

that is all.

how do i know u do?

that is also all
Quote by Archieisted
how do i know u do?

that is also all

i dunno.

i'm not a lier. don't insult me in my own thread.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by CKYIbanezParker

I'm sorry but I have to say you're full of shit.

6-8 is believable but 10 - 15 is just a lie blown to the limit.

Quote by CKYIbanezParker
i dunno.

Don't bullshit us on our board.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Aug 22, 2009,
Find some friends to play music with. That'll help you improve, and give you some social interaction.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by CKYIbanezParker

And eating, and going to the bathroom?

For a good practice routine you should be playing always with the metronome. There's some great tutorials and stuff in the Guitar Techniques section of this board.
There are many good guides on this site, in this forum. Try reading the stickies before asking about stuff that is discussed completely in them.
15 hours does seem over done. I mean do you seriously sleep, eat, go to the bathroom, shower, etc. all in 9 hours.
Quote by herman ri2

Chris Broderick played Electric guitar for 5 hours, classical guitar for 5, then 2 on the violin..
Wasn't this the guy who said his uncle was funding all of his musical equipment because he's making a career out of it?

Ask your uncle to buy you lessons.
Quote by JAHellraiser
15 hours does seem over done. I mean do you seriously sleep, eat, go to the bathroom, shower, etc. all in 9 hours.

its not. I showered once every 2 days and slept for 4 hours and ate one meal a day.

I said **** people, this is whats important.

Deron Miller from cky practiced that long. Paul gilbert practiced that long.

I want to learn for my personal satisfaction and thats what im doing.

theres time for other shi t later.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by JAHellraiser
Find some friends to play music with. That'll help you improve, and give you some social interaction.

Speaks the truth. My school's guitar club was part of the reason of how I play now.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby

tick tock.

do not underestimate.
Also make sure you're practicing the right things.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by CKYIbanezParker

One way of improving, and I mean IMPROVING here, is by playing with other people. It gives you such invaluble knowledge that you can't get by yourself.

Seriously.

Plus, you're wasting time by just playing guitar alone. There's nothing better than friends and family. I know it seems a bit cliché, but there's so much more to life than guitar. Make the most of it while you can. I mean, you get friends that are musicians, more power to you. But yeah.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Aug 22, 2009,
Quote by DotSick
Speaks the truth. My school's guitar club was part of the reason of how I play now.

Thanks man. I was waiting for my teacher to show up at the place where I take my guitar lessons, so I chilled with the owner and some bass player who were working on making up riffs, I was only sitting in for 5-10 minutes but I swear, I feel like I could actually play in a band now. Just on the simple fact that the 10 minutes I spent there helped me with timing and such.

Sorry for the post getting a bit long, but OP you should really find some people to play with
Quote by Lil Macker
One way of improving, and I mean IMPROVING here, is by playing with other people. It gives you such invaluble knowledge that you can't get by yourself.

Seriously.

Plus, you're wasting time by just playing guitar alone. There's nothing better than friends and family. I know it seems a bit cliché, but there's so much more to life than guitar. Make the most of it while you can. I mean, you get friends that are musicians, more power to you. But yeah.

This is indeed true. I have a really good friend who's a bass player and when we used to live near each other, we'd write huge amounts of awesome riffs and stuff that I just can't do on my own any more.
I miss that guy.
BAAAAAWWWWWW

seriously though.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
i know no one who plays, but going to a school this year might change that.

i was always a little scared that if someones better than me that i will be emmbarrased.

but, i'll try it.

thanks for the advice.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by CKYIbanezParker
its not. I showered once every 2 days and slept for 4 hours and ate one meal a day.

I said **** people, this is whats important.

Deron Miller from cky practiced that long. Paul gilbert practiced that long.

I want to learn for my personal satisfaction and thats what im doing.

theres time for other shi t later.
you cannot possibly be older than 15.

if you honestly think that playing guitar for 10-15 hours a day is better than having a life with family and friends then i actually pity you. one of the best aspects about playing music is that you get to connect with others, exchange ideas with others and learn from others. seriously, if you are honestly doing this for personal satisfaction then wouldn't be embarrassed if there was someone better than you. that kind of insecurity is perfect reason to force yourself to get out of your house, put down your guitar and interact with... actual people.

you will gain more out of jamming with another guitarist and rhythm section for an hour or two than you will sitting in your room practicing scales for 10 hours a day for an entire week.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 22, 2009,
Quote by CKYIbanezParker
i know no one who plays, but going to a school this year might change that.

i was always a little scared that if someones better than me that i will be emmbarrased.

but, i'll try it.

thanks for the advice.

dont worry man, if someone's better than you that just means they might be able to mentor you a bit to make you better. And if you're better than them will it'll be able to boost your confidence cause you can say "hey this guys pretty good, but im better " and you might be able to teach them a thing or 2, and teaching helps reinforce what you know so either way you can't lose. The only way it could be bad is if you play with someone whos a snob, the type of person who NO MATTER WHAT, will always diss your playing, gear, ideas, etc. try to keep away from em
^He's not. He's only 12.

Practicing 15hours a day, honestly is unhealthy. Not only is it destroying your social skills but it's begging for you to come up with wrist problems. When you talk about famous people who practice 10 hours a day is because there used to playing guitar at extended periods of time and used to the instrument in general. Plus after about 4 hours your playing probaly going to get extremely sloppy.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by herman ri2

Not necessarily. Why would he lie about how much he practices per day? It seems pretty redundant to me.
Quote by CKYIbanezParker

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :'(

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by JAHellraiser
10-15. Not 15.
Quote by 1nSingularity
10-15. Not 15.

I know, but 10-15 means that on at least one occasion he has gone up to 15 hours
Quote by gstacey1
^He's not. He's only 12.

Practicing 15hours a day, honestly is unhealthy. Not only is it destroying your social skills but it's begging for you to come up with wrist problems. When you talk about famous people who practice 10 hours a day is because there used to playing guitar at extended periods of time and used to the instrument in general. Plus after about 4 hours your playing probaly going to get extremely sloppy.
+1 ^this
I personal dont like people, but at age 12, you dont have a choice. missing your life lessons now means going through life as a simple basic bare bones version of the person you could be. who you are is basically a result of where you've been and what you've done with your time. if you've done nothing for "you" the person (not the guitar player) then you dont have much thoughts of your own to really steer you in life.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Last edited by fullsailstudent at Aug 22, 2009,
if your gonna play that long you might as well do vai's 10 hour workout everyday or whatever...
Come on.....how long did you practice those hours for? Even if you were "doing it wrong", with that amount of time you'd have to improve and learn something! Sure you meant hours and not minutes? Tell us what you were practicing for that many hours please. I am so curious.
Quote by halo71
Sure you meant hours and not minutes?
This made me laugh...out loud
Let me guess, you probably count sitting in your room with a guitar in your hand while watching TV practicing; occasionally play a lick or two.

Step #1: Don't quote yourself in your signature.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Page 1 of 2