#1
on my guitars pickups there is like a black tape which has the logo on but recently its come off a little bit and the stuff under iss like a stainless steel silver but it looks really cool so i decided to take the whole tape off but i cant
is there easy way of doing it?
and will it affect my sound?
#2
Basically what you're saying is that you took apart your pickups because you saw something shiny?

...
Just put the tape back on, unless you're willing to Damage your pickups TS.


Quote by Saint78
Jackal is like 90.

Quote by Jackal58
Buy stock in Viagra. Imma gonna fuck you in the ass.
#3
yeah dont touch the tape unless you want your pickup to unwind
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
#4
can we have pics, TS? If it has the logo on, I'm guessing its on the top of the pickup bobbin, as in the bit we see from above. Therefore, I'm struggling to see how it would unwind or damage his pickup.

Pictures would really help in understanding what exactly you mean.
#6
Your pickups have a nickel cover on them that has been plated with some sort of black material. It can wear off over time.
#7
Quote by XgamerGt04
Your pickups have a nickel cover on them that has been plated with some sort of black material. It can wear off over time.


the colour under looks bettr to me, do u know how i could take it off?
#9
Quote by Archieisted
the colour under looks bettr to me, do u know how i could take it off?


One way involves using acetic or muratic acid. Muratic acid is better known as hydrochloric acid so unless you have proper safety equipment don't mess with it. Try taking some vinegar, or using a paper towel to rub the plating and see what happens. Don't soak the paper towel as you don't want any of this getting to the copper wiring that is in the pickups.

Sandpaper may work, but it could also scratch the nickel which would not look good.
#10
Quote by XgamerGt04
One way involves using acetic or muratic acid. Muratic acid is better known as hydrochloric acid so unless you have proper safety equipment don't mess with it. Try taking some vinegar, or using a paper towel to rub the plating and see what happens. Don't soak the paper towel as you don't want any of this getting to the copper wiring that is in the pickups.

Sandpaper may work, but it could also scratch the nickel which would not look good.



it didnt work thank for your help anywy