Hey, Im looking to buy a new amp. The reason why is when im jamming with friends I have to compromise overall tone to keep the volume up.

Right now im using a Fender Rumble 15 (38 Watt amp), Squier P-Bass, and the Boss GEB-7, So a new amp would be the first step in upgrading. I listen to a pretty wide range of genres. You could say to hard rock to psychedelic to funk to ska to prog etc. with bands being Zeppelin, Rush, RHCP, Floyd etc.... so really at the end of the day im looking for a good overall amp.

Im not sure what brands to look for, but i know that I want a combo amp. My price range is about anything to $700 (Canadian) tops. Thanks in advance
kustom

ashdown 115

there's a 210 of both as well. There's a 410 of the ashdown, but that's outta budget.

edit: http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/1326746490.html
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Aug 22, 2009,
that SWR amp looks awesome but id have to try it out first. One thing a friend told me to look for in an amp is dual channels. seems like it'd be really convenient, how do you guys feel about dual channels? and also how do you feel about buying used gear?
Quote by bassm29
that SWR amp looks awesome but id have to try it out first. One thing a friend told me to look for in an amp is dual channels. seems like it'd be really convenient, how do you guys feel about dual channels? and also how do you feel about buying used gear?

dual channels is more of a guitar thing
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Bassman-250210-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=480870 mine was like $730 canadian with taxes at long and mcquade but their prices have gone up since last year. but it's worth the extra cash.
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by TANKER69
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Bassman-250210-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=480870 mine was like $730 canadian with taxes at long and mcquade but their prices have gone up since last year. but it's worth the extra cash.

dunno if it's still there, but there as a used one at the brampton one (right next to giant tiger) for 500 or 600. I think the swr is a better deal though.
So im pretty sure im going to go with used 2X10 SWR. The only thing is (your going to laugh here) my moms concerned about the fact that because its a used the amp, it wont be under warranty. I am paying with my money but at the end of the day she makes the final decision in letting me buy it lol
I can definitely see where she's coming from with the warranty. Just re-assure her that you most likely won't have problems unless you push it.

Are you getting it from craigslist? 'Cause I think it's gone.