oook guys!!
i think this could be posted but i couldnt find it so....

Hmm my question is ... what's the point of buying an expensive 12 band MXR (or 10 band i aint sure, its just for instance) for around 200 instead of getting a rack mountable unit like 36 or 92 band EQ for da same prizee?
Quote by vigenharutyunya
oook guys!!
i think this could be posted but i couldnt find it so....

Hmm my question is ... what's the point of buying an expensive 12 band MXR (or 10 band i aint sure, its just for instance) for around 200 instead of getting a rack mountable unit like 36 or 92 band EQ for da same prizee?

Having more than 10 bands is overkill for live applications. The MXR is also far more durable than a rackmount unit. Increasing the bands also increases the risk of tone loss, so you would to get a good brand rack EQ, which most likely will cost more than that MXR.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Aug 22, 2009,
1) Price.
2) Not everyone wants a rack.
3) Many rack EQs are meant for the entire sound, not just a guitar.
4) With that many sliders, the differences are so subtle its essentially useless for home use.
^^^ that

but in some case

1) price sometimes match
2) agreed.. unless you also do recording or smething (like home studios and so).... Im on the other hand doing it so... lol
3) sure.. but it's kinda good to have all the stuff you need
4) yeah like i said you gotta be a bit more then just a practicing guy

I dont like rack mounts too actually.. I always prefer a tap of my foot...
but hmm if you want yo ucan even get or make the Unit foot switchable too not of a big deal
But if you can go for a better one in it's price it'd be stupid not to...

hmm as for me i'll definately be getting a Rack Mount unit of stereo 48 (like 24 per channel) or something... first I'll be using it not only with my gear but forrecrdings i do and live application.. haha it couild even be used for the entire band PA EQ
hmm though i dont know what i'll be getting and when... and where shalli get the money from... ??!!
Looks like you asked a question already knowing the answer, or already having answers ready for it.

Look into DBX, they make quality stuff.
WTLTL 2011
The MXR M-108 (ten band) is $120 USD, not $200.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??