so yeah, we all like coheed and cambria, EXCEPT my bassist. he likes them but wont bother to learn any of their songs. so he keeps trying to do RHCP which everyone in our band likes EXCEPT me. well dont get me wrong i like them but i dont choose to listen to them. BUT if RHCP was a two guitar bands, hell i would give it a shot. but they arent. and we are. my band mates are idiots and unfortunatly their my friends . idk what to do about that they wont listen. the other guitarist goes...john frucitane or whatever his name is uses a technique where it sounds like two guitars. and im like show me two guitars. so yeah. NOTHING AGAINST RHCP OR JOHN F.
what do i do about this.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Pick something everyone feels comfortable playing?
Maybe focus on writing your own music?

In a band, it's necessary to make compromises, but petty squabbles can eventually bring down the entire group. It's not worth fighting over.
I'd like to grow up to be Charles Thompson.

Gear:

Fender American Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

VOX AC30 CC2X
VOX Pathfinder 15R

Line 6 DL4
Vox Original Wah
are you serious? How is this a problem, you just both do the rhcp rhythym parts. And you should be open to playing RHCP- its easy ****, you just play it. And your bassist should be open to playing coheed. Youtube Micheal Todd doing teen town. Also
In a band, covers are meningile. So what you can't agree on a few songs- whopedee do. Grow up and just play the god damn rock
Quote by diceksox1809
john frucitane or whatever his name is uses a technique where it sounds like two guitars..

Studio layering? Which you should have no problem with if you have 2 guitars.
Actually a second guitar player tours with the chili peppers. His name is Josh Klinghoffer. So they do have two guitarists.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by drewfromutah
He doesn't like Coheed? This one's easy. You have to murder him.

+1
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by d3adh3adch3mist
Who says you're only allowed to play in one band at a time?
Take a leaf outta Mike Patton's book...

I agree. me and the drummer are the only versitile people. its a problem because the other two arent. they wont budge off of rhcp. its rediculous. they dont listen to anything else.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by pwrmax
Studio layering? Which you should have no problem with if you have 2 guitars.

could you explain that to me? ive never heard of it. and how woulld we go about splitting the guitars. i dont understand whne there is only one. we dont want to have one person play...and the other person not and switch off. i play rhythm and he plays lead.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
could you explain that to me? ive never heard of it. and how woulld we go about splitting the guitars. i dont understand whne there is only one. we dont want to have one person play...and the other person not and switch off. i play rhythm and he plays lead.

You both sound like douchebags. Take a few hours and arrange a second guitar part. Who cares if you aren't both playing for 100% of the song?
Last edited by drewfromutah at Aug 22, 2009,
Quote by diceksox1809

Who's singing you? Because I can tell you lead singers don't play and just sing a lot of the time (having the guitar just hanging on them).

Also you guys seem so intent on covering Coheed, but can your singer even hit those notes?
Quote by diceksox1809

Both of you play the same thing, except for solos where only one of you plays.
Quote by pwrmax
Both of you play the same thing, except for solos where only one of you plays.

makes sense. what does the other person play while the guy is soloing
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
makes sense. what does the other person play while the guy is soloing

Chords I guess, look at the bass part and play chords to follow it.