Page 1 of 2
I'm pretty bored so I thought I'd start this potentially interesting thread.

OK, so you have a lot of money to spend on a bass, maybe you won the lottery, maybe you robbed a bank, or maybe you burned down your house and used the insurance money, either way, you have a limitless amount to spend on a custom shopped bass. Who would YOU go to and what would you get?

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Most likely Warwick for most people, but I'd have to spend months coming up with the bass for me!
I'd probably spend a month or two just thinking about the shape!
But I like smaller companies, so I'd think about going to Brice too
USA Dean Custom Deceiver Bass
Flat Top
Mahogany Body w/ Walnut Top
Neck: Bubinga / Purple Heart 5 piece neck
Fretboard: Wenge
34” Scale
22 Frets
Neck Shape: C (like Jazz Bass)
Pickups: Musicman Style humbucker bridge / Jazz style pickup neck
Electronics: Bartolini NTMB 3 band preamp
Binding: None on body, headstock or neck
Inlays: Abalone Diamonds
Finish: Natural Oil Finish everywhere
Last edited by higgins666 at Aug 22, 2009,
For an electric, another Warwick. A 5 string Infinity tuned ADGCF, with a detuner on the A, ovangkol neck, AAA quilted maple front and back, turqouise, with a wenge core, chambered, with chrome hardware

For my bandmate's side project, a Drozd Barcelona 5 string fine lined fretless with piezo bridge, figured redwood top, "nature" inlay and a high C tuned down half a step

I would also get a luthier I'm acquanited with, Matt Bascetta, to build me something weird.
Either Lakland for a 24 fret 5 string Joe Osborn style bass with a trans red oil finish and chrome hardware. Or Warwick for a 5 string Fortress with Ovangkol neck, Flame maple top, ash back finished in a trans blue oil finish and gold hardware.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Any of the MBasses.
6 string. Mahogany. Exotic wood top, like Koa. Gabon ebony fingerboard. Abalone. Some kind of SD custom pups. Detuner bridge for easy drop tuning. Gold hardware.
Fender, Peavey, Musicman or Ibanez for me.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Shuker, Warwick and Drozd would be my go to people with Warwick and Shuker being fairly equal in price and Drozd shooting ahead in price. A Shuker jazz custom or a Warwick custom could be in my sites sometime in 2010, so stay tuned.

EDIT:

Ill add in ACG in as well, he makes beautiful instruments aswell. And ive kept in europe. England, Spain and Germany a nice mix allies and axis.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Last edited by fatgoogle at Aug 22, 2009,
Framus Star Bass. Yeah, I know, it's the same company an' all; but I spotted a cocobolo top Star on Warwick's custom shop site - an absolute beauty - and thus was my second thought. Warwick Star Bass...doesn't sound right somehow. Framus Star Bass...that's more like it. I'm amazed Herr Wilfer hasn't signed off a Framus bass of any sort so far.

Otherwise, I'd have Glasgow legend Jimmy Moon throw me a perfectly ordinary P-bass together. From obscenely expensive ancient timber stock, preferably Scottish. Hopefully, I'd keep a straight face when telling someone that my very average Precision cost £10,000+.

No-one said a custom had to flash its' jewels, or make any sense at all!
Rickenbacker. All I'd really want is a left handed purple, or blue, 4001.
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Quote by Vampire 255
Fender, Peavey, Musicman or Ibanez for me.

same here. I'm sure if I had a limitless amount of money for the bass then they'd be more than happy to build a custom
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Out of the mainstream companies, either a custom Spector or Peavey. I'd probably go for a well-known smaller company, though...the work is usually better. I'm a fan of Sozo in particular. Look at this thing!
http://www.sozoguitars.com/zab.php
Nope, no sig here.
Ibanez.
5 string String-through 35" scale SR with spalted maple top and a transparent finish.
XJ Frets
mostly Wenge
fricking lovely

or something Alembic...
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Gretsch.
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
Spector (NS5 with Aguilar OBP-3 and Kahler Trem) or a 10 string with trem made by TUNE (if I get an infinite amount of money to spend on strings).
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
I'd kidnap Jerzy Drozd and repeatedly molest him until he brought back the Prodigy LE line.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
I'd Have a Warwick Striker.
Just because I would quite literally have sex with a decent explorer shaped bass.
Ibanez SR 6 String please. Harlequin fret inlays and natural finish. No Bartolinis though. Remove those and try pickups until i found the ones I love above all. Jumbo Frets. I'd get 2, one in Standard tuning and one down a step (ADGCFB) for heavy stuff.
infinite dough ya say?

1. buy an acre or two of land
2. buy several million dollars worth of luthiery tools and machinery
3. buy several million dollars worth of exotic woods
4. hire my fave guys from GB&C
5. do my own, and make it a standard model.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
definatly wal. i dont know what they play like, but the sond is awesome. if i didnt like the wal, id have fender make me a fretless pj 5 string bass with 3 band eq, mid scoop switch, and active passive switch.
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Wishbass, I like the complete simplicity in their design, and the MASSIVE Necks they use are really comfortable, I find that the shallower necks (ie. my fender jazz) tend to put stress on my thumb after a while (about 30 min.), but their deeper necks I find very ergonomical, as well as reminiscent of the double bass. Not to mention the bodies are very well balanced, and they're cheap.
Member of the "Shoop Da Woop" club, PM to Join
Gotta go with Jackson, ESP, Warwick, or Spector. I like Jacksons in particular, their custom shop seems to be nothing short of amazing. I'd like a nice 5-string King V with a Kahler.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Since we have infinite money, why not get more than one?

SR Prestige 5 and 6
Warwick Corvette Custom Shop 5 and 6, I'd have to work on the specs.
Fender Deluxe Jazz
Fodera Emperor 5 and 6
Use these as bases for my custom basses. I love rhymes.
Last edited by Halakar at Aug 24, 2009,
Warwick or Spector
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
Carl Thompson, or Washburn
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Page 1 of 2