Page 1 of 3
What would you say your goals are as far as music? Personally, I only have two currently. One is to make a living off of it, because I would love that; the feeling of the fact that I can help to create and play music well enough to support me would just be amazing.
The second one is to play the Xcel energy center as the main act. My first major concert was last week, and it was Blink-182's reunion tour; they were amazing, not to mention hilarious, so I want to play the Xcel Energy Center just like they did, just because it would have meaning to me personally.

So, how about you?
Quote by parigod
Getting laid.

This.

Hopefully more than once.

Maybe with more than one person.

Maybe, not even people but some animals as well.

Under the influence of drugs.

With knives.
The playground of the world
Short term is to graduate from my conservatory with summa cum laude status.

Long term is to be a composer for various medias and concert programs.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
To be able to play music I like.

Which I can.

So that's pretty much it as a musician.
Quote by Myfirstpubes
to have my music heard, thats all

This.

A bonus would be people paying to hear it, but meh, music is for enjoying, not for paying for.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
This.

A bonus would be people paying to hear it, but meh, music is for enjoying, not for paying for.

No, it's both. Music is for paying for as well because it ensures that the people who make music has the incentive to keep going.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Myfirstpubes
to have my music heard, thats all

yeah. this would be my ultimate goal, famous or not just to have people listen to it
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Nothing really, just playing as a hobby, just so I can play music I enjoy listening to to, and maybe play a few more gigs.
I don't have one really.. and that is probably my problem of motivation and practise.. I'm not working towards something currently.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

To play music.
Quote by BladeSlinger
If I was 21 I'd buy you a crystal decanter full of 100 year old brandy to commend you.
my goal = Rock the boat!
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
Quote by Xiaoxi
No, it's both. Music is for paying for as well because it ensures that the people who make music has the incentive to keep going.

Some people may see payment as an incentive, but I'd much rather have 50 people coming up to me saying my music is awesome than 50 people coming up to me and buying my CD.
🙈 🙉 🙊
my dream is later, when im rich and famous etc, to just visit a fan at home spontaneously and see how he (or she :> reacts. that would be pretty badass
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Quote by entity0009
Some people may see payment as an incentive, but I'd much rather have 50 people coming up to me saying my music is awesome than 50 people coming up to me and buying my CD.

Well, that all depends. If music is just something on the side or you're a kid, money is not really a concern either way. But if you're a professional and financially independent, you damn better hope every last one of your CD's are purchased.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by entity0009

People can like your music AND pay for it, you know. Both scenarios are the same, except in one, you gain about 500 dollars.
To continue to improve and to be an exceptional songwriter.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by herby190
People can like your music AND pay for it, you know. Both scenarios are the same, except in one, you gain about 500 dollars.

Yeah, that's why I said it would be a bonus. But if I had to choose between 50 people liking my music and downloading it for free or 50 people being forced to buy my music but not liking it, my choice would be the former.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009

I'd rather be paid. Someone handing over their hard earned money for something you've created is testament to them thinking the music is awesome. Plus, that money helps me live. Things change when you're in music as a job. There's no less creativity or love for music, but the career aspect of it becomes a bit more prominant.

Anyways, my goal is to get my band's album done and done well. Someone has decided to invest time and money into us, so I want to prove to them they made the right decision. I want to prove to myself that I have what it takes to be a touring and recording musician. I want to live off of what I love and create to a good standard of living, so I have the abiloty to do what I want in the downtime.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'd rather be paid. Someone handing over their hard earned money for something you've created is testament to them thinking the music is awesome. Plus, that money helps me live.

Meh, different strokes for different folks, I gave up on making money from music a while ago.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Make my own music with a band, also gigging and see how far I can get.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Well I wouldn;'t have signed a contract if I didn't think I could make a living from it.

Yeah, obviously if I ever got offered a contract I would rethink that, but as it stands, I doubt I'll be doing any signing for at least 5 years.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Yeah, obviously if I ever got offered a contract I would rethink that, but as it stands, I doubt I'll be doing any signing for at least 5 years.

When/if you sign, things change. As I said in my previous post (although you may have missed that edit), the job aspect becomes a bit more prominant, although that's not to say it's the sole driving force. Money through music is a fickle thing- if you aren't making money, you're spending money, so you need to be mindful about earning it, so you get at least enough to tide you over in the downtime when you aren't touring ot tecording. As I said, it's a job- you have to make money somehow. Some people may see it as this "selling out" rubbish, but hell, we're all part of the rat race.
I just want to do something really epic.
I want to make people feel the way I do when I listen to a perfect album.

I'd love to make a living out of it too, but that doesn't matter to much.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
When/if you sign, things change. As I said in my previous post (although you may have missed that edit), the job aspect becomes a bit more prominant, although that's not to say it's the sole driving force. Money through music is a fickle thing- if you aren't making money, you're spending money, so you need to be mindful about earning it, so you get at least enough to tide you over in the downtime when you aren't touring ot tecording. As I said, it's a job- you have to make money somehow. Some people may see it as this "selling out" rubbish, but hell, we're all part of the rat race.

Yeah, I see what you're getting at. And good on you for having the dedication to follow through with it, lots of talent dies because there is no ambition behind it.

As for the money aspect, unfortunately music is one of those things where you have to spend money to make money.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009

As for the money aspect, unfortunately music is one of those things where you have to spend money to make money.

Well, professional music is a business, and that adage applies to every business.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Eddie4President
This.

Hopefully more than once.

Maybe with more than one person.

Maybe, not even people but some animals as well.

Under the influence of drugs.

With knives.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, professional music is a business, and that adage applies to every business.

But there are other ways of making money than businesses.

But I'm not the person to be debating this with, I have no experience with making money from music. The closest chance I got was ruined due to location problems.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, that all depends. If music is just something on the side or you're a kid, money is not really a concern either way. But if you're a professional and financially independent, you damn better hope every last one of your CD's are purchased.

this, people who tell themselves they are going to make it because they are only in it for the music and therefore they think their music has some sort of higher level of art in it will get no-where. You need to be in it to win if you plan on being a serious musician.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Right now I want to jump in a van and thrash about the country getting drunk all the time with my friends(hopefully soon to be bandmates)
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
All of you that say "to have my music heard/for people to listen" are liars. We all know the real reason every single person picked up a guitar and it was to be famous, play huge stages, make money, and get girls.

The more you realize it will never happen, thats when you say "to touch lives"... **** that, I wanna touch girls.
Quote by siskoX
I just want to do something really epic.
I want to make people feel the way I do when I listen to a perfect album.

I'd love to make a living out of it too, but that doesn't matter to much.

This.
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Get in a band.

Record a kick-ass record.

Play at least one stadium show.

And, I would like to be able to make a living making music.
well, pretty simple actually...

To utterly and completely destroy the jonas brothers through slight bribes to their managers, just small ones, that will eventually add up together to completely ruin their financing and advertising. I will then, after the fall of the jonas brothers, and getting better as a musician, ride to the top on the jonas bros failures, and become the guitarist of the second greatest progressive rock band of all time.

Or to just be able to play music well, so I can have a lot more fun playing. instead of being like

*simple sweep, mess up*
*simple sweep, mess up*
*simple sweep, mess up*

FUUUUUUUUUUU-

It really tends to take enjoyment out of playing.
Page 1 of 3