Hi guys,

I went to my local store today to look for a replacement acoustic guitar for my current one, looking to spend around £150.

I looked around the shop and little seemed to fit my catagory. Some £199 guitars (Crafter and Sheriden) seemed very harsh to my ears, i didn't really like their tone. Then i picked up a second hand Westfield ST550 (i believe was the model) priced at £135, started to play it, and really like the tone - much more melow and less harsh.

I know very little about acoustic guitars. I am simply looking for one to replace my old, battered, and very poor quality acoustic that i currently have, so i can jam with friends in the park, etc. So i come to you guys to ask your opinion on the Westfield, because i cannot find any information on the internet about the model.

I hear Yamaha's being recommended in a few of the threads i have visited on this subforum. Seeing as my local guitar shop doesn't really store many yamaha's, can you tell me what they are like in comparison?

Thanks in advance guys, any help appreciated.
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
to be honest £150 is not going to get you anything spectatcular yamahas are very good and at a reasonable price
Quote by britishsligean
to be honest £150 is not going to get you anything spectatcular yamahas are very good and at a reasonable price

Ohh yeh i definately realise that man, just from what was available in that price range. I don't know if it makes any difference but i would be willing to go to £200.
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
I'd keep you £200 pound budget.

The important thing to remember is that there isn't much difference in quality at that sort of price range. So don't just go for the most expensive one.
Try everything in the price range, if the one you love is £100 then buy it if it's £200 then buy it.

When i began i allways looked at the pretty ones then tricked myself into liking them.

And yeah, second hand is definatly somthing to think about.

Lol.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Play a lot. As many guitars in as many shops as possible, and don't settle. In that price range, you can find a decent instrument from almost any brand line, no matter the reputation.

Look at it this way: ten Fenders come off the production line, same model, same wood, consecutive serial numbers. Nine might be poor quality, but number ten has a tone that can compete with guitars priced a few hundred bucks more.

Patience is the key. I've went months without seeing anything of value, only to walk into a store and leave with three guitars priced below $100. One was a Fernandes ($80) that I kept. The others were almost immediately resold, but even if I hadn't purchased with resale in mind, with their acceptable tone they were still terrific AT THAT PRICE.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Last edited by millerdrr at Aug 22, 2009,
Thanks guys. I'll keep all your views in mind
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6