So lately I haven't been getting a good night sleep. My mind's basically on overdrive whenever I go to bed. I usually think about what happened today and/or my plans for tomorrow.

I wake up at around 12, missing every call from friends, resulting in an epically boring day.

So, how do you sleep well?
Quote by wizards?
That's not insomnia, that's having trouble sleeping. When you go around 100 hours without sleep, come talk to me about insomnia.

Sometimes I don't sleep for the whole night.
I stay up untill 4am or so and wake up around 8 or 9. The only things i have found the work is watching videos on youtube in bed, listening to hardcore with my eyes closed, and listening to podcast.

However i enjoy staying up late, and rarely feel tired.
If you intentionally don't get enough one night, you'll be really tired later on. Or not.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
go for a run around 8 or 9, if you try hard enough after you shower youll fall right to sleep
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by joshua122593
Sometimes I don't sleep for the whole night.

Yes, that's one night. When you end up not sleeping for a week and end up almost killing yourself driving or falling into a pool and not having the energy to swim, let me know. If you think it's "that bad" go see a doc and ask for some trazodone.
smoke some pot, drink some beers go play a 5 hour gig jumping around, if that doesnt work please contact me for a private consult which costs money ofcourse...

yours faithfully, wassup doc.

or else try not to do things like eating to much food drinking to much caffeine before going to bed and get enough excercise when the daylight is there...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Insomnia? Doubt it. Messed up routine? More likely.

ooh and probably listen to this guy. it says he's is the only UG doc. phil respect his authoriteeeey

does he gets the money that bald doc. gets too? if so wow .. kudos man
Quote by wizards?
Yes, that's one night. When you end up not sleeping for a week and end up almost killing yourself driving or falling into a pool and not having the energy to swim, let me know. If you think it's "that bad" go see a doc and ask for some trazodone.

Just because your condition is horrible doesn't mean no-one elses' insomnia is legitimate. I've never been in danger of dying because of it but taking 6 hours to fall asleep and then waking up 4 hours later sure does suck. Especially when it's a few nights in a row.
first off check if you are uncomfortable in any way while sleeping. make yourself comfortable and then from then on dont think about what position you body is in. then take a few deep breaths and then count your normal breaths. as you count them try to see the number that you are on in your head. if you can see the numbers it will get you extremely tired and take your mind off of everything. once you get near 60 or 70 (or later) if you do it right you will forget to keep counting and pretty soon you fall asleep. trust me it works

EDIT: only do this if you find it hard to fall asleep dont do it right away once you get into bed or it probly wont work i think i used to do that and then it made things worse
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Last edited by DKMfreak410 at Aug 22, 2009,
Quote by DKMfreak410
first off check if you are uncomfortable in any way while sleeping. make yourself comfortable and then from then on dont think about what position you body is in. then take a few deep breaths and then count your normal breaths. as you count them try to see the number that you are on in your head. if you can see the numbers it will get you extremely tired and take your mind off of everything. once you get near 60 or 70 (or later) if you do it right you will forget to keep counting and pretty soon you fall asleep. trust me it works

EDIT: only do this if you find it hard to fall asleep dont do it right away once you get into bed or it probly wont work i think i used to do that and then it made things worse

Big help here.
Quote by joshua122593
So lately I haven't been getting a good night sleep. My mind's basically on overdrive whenever I go to bed. I usually think about what happened today and/or my plans for tomorrow.

I wake up at around 12, missing every call from friends, resulting in an epically boring day.

So, how do you sleep well?

^Same
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals