And my dad still doesnt want a puppy. So I guess I want a guitar for my B-day. My parents dont want to spend alot, probably under $700. What guitar would be good that has these specs?

Must Have:
Floyd or Wilkinson style tremolo that holds tune
At least one Humbucker
Versitle
Not a Superstrat shape
fast, thin neck
NOT SCHECTER. I dont like them
Can be found at Guitar Center, Or Daddy's Junky Music

It'd be nice to have
Great finish(preferably FM or QM)
Aggresive shape
High fret access
Headstock inlay
Inlay at first fret
coil tap
Ebony Fingerboard
mop inlays. No Pearoloid.

Now seeing I'll probably get birthday money, I'd like a Distortion pedal for the Boogie Mark II's. What is a distortion pedal that gets incredibly distorted tones. Think a peavey Vypyr on the triple X setting with the gains on ten and a tube screamer effect on

A few things I've been pondering:
How difficult is it to put a Stetsbar tremolo on a guitar?
How much does the stetsbar cost?
What are some guitar brands like Agile, that sell good cheap copies. I know about Vintage, Tokai, ESP LTD, Epi, ect. Preferably some lesser known brands like Raven West.

Forgot to add, I'll be playing mainly wit a mesa mark II and a peavey Vypyr 15.
I like to play Blues, Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, and some punk.
Last edited by burnboy85 at Aug 22, 2009,
Buy an Ibanez RG. Strip the paint, buy green spray paint. Order a neck with an Ebony fingerboard from Warmoth.
id look at maybe an esp/ltd v or maybe the agile ghost 6 string. im trying to think of ebony fretboard guitars under 700 that are agressive. those are the 2 off the top of my head, i may add more later
~Defiant~
It's hard to find a guitar for that price with an ebony fretboard.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
why dont you just ask your parents for $700 instead of the guitar, that way you can save and get something that fills all your specs? I'm sure you'd prefer to get a new guitar sooner, but it makes more sense doing that. To me anyway
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
why dont you just ask your parents for $700 instead of the guitar, that way you can save and get something that fills all your specs? I'm sure you'd prefer to get a new guitar sooner, but it makes more sense doing that. To me anyway

Good idea, or maybe a PRS SE custom 24/22? They fit in your basic requirements.
Don't buy an Rg what ever you do.....Go for an Esp/Ltd

Espguitars.com
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
If i were you I'd just get money and keep savin for a better guitar

I mean cmon, you have a gibson flying v and two gibson les pauls.....surely you'd want something better?
but if you HAVE to have a guitar that fits all/most of these specs, an epiphone sg prophecy ex or gx fits all of your needs except it doesn't have a tremolo
Quote by burnboy85

Must Have:
Floyd or Wilkinson style tremolo that holds tune
At least one Humbucker
Versitle

Personally, I thought of the EVH Wolfgang once I read those.

I'm not sure if it has any of the other specs your looking for, and it doesn't have any of your "nice to have" specs but I'm sure this could be fairly versatile.

I'm not sure if you'd be willing to buy off ebay, but if you are heres one starting at $800 http://cgi.ebay.com/EVH-Wolfgang-Peavey-Van-Halen-Signature-Guitar-NOS-Mint_W0QQitemZ150367324361QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item23029748c9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 Its $100 over budget, but im sure if your parents are understanding enough you could explain how much they'd save, etc.
Anyway its up to you man, good luck.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]