ok, so... ive got quite a few problems with my guitar/amp right now, and i know very little, almost nothing about repairs or anything like that.
my guitar is a schecter damien fr. for some reason, the floyd rose keeps bottoming out and going out of tune all the time, even with the locking tuners or whatever. i took the cover off the back to check out the springs, cause someone suggested i should, there are two in there, and it seems to be in tact.
but if someone could give me some directions or a step by step on how to fix this, it'd be greatly appreciated.
also, the second problem im having is massive amounts of feedback when im not actually playing, basically, if my pick isnt hittin the strings, im getting loads of feedback, idk if its my pickups(the emg's that come stock in this guitar) or if its my amp(marshall mg100dfx, dont worry, im saving up to get a new, better amp soon)
any idea's what that could be?

thank you for any input, advice, suggestions, or solutions, its greatly appreciated
you should have three or more spring in a floyd...what do you mean bottom out?

and for feedback there could be a solder coming loose
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Read the floyd rose set up guide and see if that helps any. No ideas for feedback except turn down the volume when your not playing or mute the strings.
Quote by williamdllr
you should have three or more spring in a floyd...what do you mean bottom out?

and for feedback there could be a solder coming loose

by bottom out, i mean, like its supposed to be even with the body, i know that much, but it becomes uneven and leans and tilts to one side or whatever, idk how else to explain it, its basically as if i were pullin up on the bar or somethin even when im not i need a way to reset it or whatever you wanna call it, make it even again
There's probably too much signal coming from the EMG's for the MG to handle.Try EQ'ing differently or standing in different positions around your amp.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
if it bottomed out then you need more springs in the back

like the floyd is in the guitar or coming out?
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
my jackson has that too what you need to do is have someone checkt he wireing you may have to resoder a few wires probally the grounding wire for the floyd rose maye add another string but most definatly take the screws out put a couple toothpicks in there and screw it back in it should work it did for me