Hey guise

I was looking to clean some old bass strings. A teacher of mine told me that if I left my strings in anti freeze for around 3 days that they would be as good as new. Anyone ever heard of anything like this?
There's no sickness a good acoustic can't fix.
well if you google what antifreeze is made of, you find out that it's part water and part ethylene glycol. whereas the ethylene glycol won't cause your strings to rust, the water will, so i don't think this is a good idea. Pure alcohol (many people use methylated spirits) would work better
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Ethylene glycol? Hmmm, fun stuff. Sometimes known as Austrian wine...

I wrote out my tried and tested string boiling recipe in my blogs. If you want to deep clean strings, do it that way. No nasty chemicals involved. Here.
Last edited by creepingjesus73 at Aug 22, 2009,
Quote by capslockisnton
well if you google what antifreeze is made of, you find out that it's part water and part ethylene glycol. whereas the ethylene glycol won't cause your strings to rust, the water will, so i don't think this is a good idea. Pure alcohol (many people use methylated spirits) would work better

Antifreeze won't rust your strings. It has anti-rust agents in it...that's why people still use in in places where it never freezes.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Antifreeze won't rust your strings. It has anti-rust agents in it...that's why people still use in in places where it never freezes.

oh, my mistake then.

still...i wouldn't use it just because it's poisonous as hell (don't lick your fingers, rub your eyes, etc)
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!