How do you clean the fretboard of the guitar if you aren't supposed to take all the strings off the guitar at once?

Probably a stupid question but I need to know lol
I just take all the strings off... plus, one pretty much needs to in order to replace pickups (or at least loosen them to the point where they are putting zero tension on the neck)
Take the top 3 strings off first, clean the board, replace with new strings, remove bottom 3 strings, clean the board, replace with new strings.

Well, that's the way I've always done it.
you can take off all the strings and leave them off for a while. the neck won't be damaged that fast. it takes a long time with a guitar unstrung for the neck to warp.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
With floyd - Block the trem, take all off.
With hardtail - Take them all off.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
I thought it ruins your guitar if you take all the strings off at once?
Quote by wolfeman85
I just do it one string at a time, I mean... if you cut all the strings at once or something the sudden change in tension can't be good for the neck but there are just sometimes when all the strings need to come off.
Quote by wolfeman85

not at all. it could in a year or so of leaving it unstrung, but there wont be any damage if unstrung for a few days. although, i'd suggest restringing asap, just so you get back to playing!
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I left my bass unstrung for a week and a half and it was fine. Well, as well as already being a **** bass.
this is a lolful question.

i take them off one by one untill their all off and then replace them one by one.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
just take all the strings off, but loosen the tension on each one slowly. dont just cut them or anything. it takes a while for their to be any effect on the neck. probably a few days at least.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
I have left string off guitars for quite a while and had no ill effects. I have several necks laying around just waiting to be attached to bodies.

As far as cleaning you fretboard you can remove the strings and clean it without worry. Like was stated take them off using the tuners don't cut them. Use a good lemon oil and rag unless there is a lot of caked on dirt and body oils then a stiff nylon bristle brush. Some tooth brushes are too soft, A grout cleaning brush with nylon bristles is a good choice it's pretty much the same as a fret cleaning brush you get from any of the guitar parts companies for at least half the price. Do not use a wire brush!!! I have heard of some people using steel wool but I wouldn't use it because any steel that breaks off the pad will end up on the pick ups. When your done put new strings on.

John
Quote by sw1ss023
With floyd - Block the trem, take all off.
With hardtail - Take them all off.

This.
Oh well i never meant cut them all at once i just meant having them all off the guitar at one time.
Quote by wolfeman85
How do you clean the fretboard of the guitar if you aren't supposed to take all the strings off the guitar at once?

Probably a stupid question but I need to know lol

honestly, anyone who tells you that is a complete idiot and misinformed. there is no real reason why you cannot take all the strings off.
Just loosen your strings until you can take them off, clean the fretboard, and then put the strings back on. Your neck won't warp in the time it takes to clean the fretboard and restring.

However, if you are going to store your guitar for a long period of time, be sure that the strings are still on it, but loosen the tension somewhat.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King