im looking for a new amp.
right now i have a vypyr 15w.
but i want a new amp mainly for better sound
and higher volume!
and my budgets pretty low i only have about.
200-350 maybe 400 at max.
i play heavy stuff lots of TDWP.
and some Attack Attack.
and alot of other stuff.
what should i get for a new amp?
( i live in the monterey bay in california if that helps)
thanks for all input. :]
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
A Spider would be no better than the Vypyr.

i know but i need a something with like a 12 inch speaker.
something that will blow great sound out!
any recommendations?
look used and u can definately find something better
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Why do you
find the need
to do this?
This is not
Instant Messenger.

No Spider 3. There will be no improvement whatsoever.

You're definitley going to have to go used if you want higher wattage than 15W with $400 to spend. Then again, there's the B-52 AT 112.

Check guitarcenter.com's used gear section. I'm on there right now and there's actually quite a few deals in the California area. I'm wondering if there ripoffs though. A Line 6 Flextone II for only $230? I smell BS.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
if u think any spider will ever be better than a vypyr ur deluded ur best of just getting a higher watt vypyr, or a small tube amp, if u want louder and better tone, u will lose pretty much all fexibilty if u go for a tube amp in that range, itll be mini practise amps and tube mini half stacks at 1-5 watts. its ridiculous youd even consider a spider when looking for a nice tone, they have no tone. its just digitally ****ty distortion in different degrees. if ur not happy sound wise with a vypyr your gunna have to put out a few grand to a decent tube amp if u want anywhere near the flexibility in ur tone, personally id say try the vypyr 60 watt tube, its something u know, you'll know how to get all ur favourite sounds instantly, and itll be very loud, also its tube, so the tone will be alot nicer, thats about 400 new from the right place
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by bdrislegit

and some Attack Attack.
and alot of other stuff.

Can you play Stick Stickly?

Quote by ZeroCS
there's the B-52 AT 112.

This i guess.

Some dude just found an Ampeg VH140-C on craigslist for $250.
Try looking around in your local CL?
Quote by bananahammock
if u think any spider will ever be better than a vypyr ur deluded ur best of just getting a higher watt vypyr, or a small tube amp, if u want louder and better tone, u will lose pretty much all fexibilty if u go for a tube amp in that range, itll be mini practise amps and tube mini half stacks at 1-5 watts. its ridiculous youd even consider a spider when looking for a nice tone, they have no tone. its just digitally ****ty distortion in different degrees. if ur not happy sound wise with a vypyr your gunna have to put out a few grand to a decent tube amp if u want anywhere near the flexibility in ur tone, personally id say try the vypyr 60 watt tube, its something u know, you'll know how to get all ur favourite sounds instantly, and itll be very loud, also its tube, so the tone will be alot nicer, thats about 400 new from the right place

You don't have to spend several grand to get a versatile tube amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs

Someone say Attack Attack...?

Seriously though
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/1330490780.html Flextone
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/msg/1326500426.html Valveking
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/msg/1329447189.html Classic 30
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/1327983004.html 5150 combo

These are all Bay Area, but this is a good idea of what you can get on the used market. All will handle the heavy stuff (the VK and C30 will need OD pedals in front), and actually sound good at high volume (save maybe the Flextone), which is what you seemed to be looking for.

And no offense, but your grammar and sentence structure are like that of a 9 year olds. At least make it look like you care.
Quote by which ones pink

Seriously though
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/1330490780.html Flextone
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/msg/1326500426.html Valveking
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/msg/1329447189.html Classic 30
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/1327983004.html 5150 combo

These are all Bay Area, but this is a good idea of what you can get on the used market. All will handle the heavy stuff (the VK and C30 will need OD pedals in front), and actually sound good at high volume (save maybe the Flextone), which is what you seemed to be looking for.

And no offense, but your grammar and sentence structure are like that of a 9 year olds. At least make it look like you care.

crabcore lulz.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Even a Vypyr 75 would sound better than a Spider III. Go for a tube vypyr if you can. Decent sound for that price.
Quote by which ones pink

I'm guessing he doesn't speak much English.

Because he said so himself.

Also, there's a crabcore gif that you should be using instead of that image.

Quote by mmolteratx

You don't have to spend several grand to get a versatile tube amp.

you do if u want the versatility of a vypyr theyve got like 22 effects and 24 amp models. and u can customiza the parameters of the effects, the only tube amp other than a huge huge rack set up that has the versatility of a vypyr is vypyr tube. they come in 6 120 and 120 head and his top budget is 400 which is the price of a vypyr 60 tube.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
This thread brings teh crabcore lulz.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I already got warned once for posting that image in the Gear for metal thread.

hmm....maybe i shouldn't have done that.
Quote by bananahammock
you do if u want the versatility of a vypyr theyve got like 22 effects and 24 amp models. and u can customiza the parameters of the effects, the only tube amp other than a huge huge rack set up that has the versatility of a vypyr is vypyr tube. they come in 6 120 and 120 head and his top budget is 400 which is the price of a vypyr 60 tube.

But most of the amp models sound extremely similar. And no one needs 24 amp sounds, you could easily get away with 5 or 6 in the studio and 3 or 4 live if you need that much versatility.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

They have that many models because different people like different models better.

Like on the Valvetronix series, a lot of people like the numetal model, but i think it sounds absolutely horrible.

And some people prefer the Dumble model to the Fender ones or the Vox ones and so on.
They need to have their options open.
If you end up just getting a bigger modeling amp stay with the Vypyrs, don't get the Spider. I have a Vypyr 30 and it sounds pretty good, and gets very loud.
Quote by bananahammock

Were you dropped as a child/are still a child? A decent tube amp will cost at least a few grand? Your name is bananahammock? You won't have any flexibilty with a tube amp in that range? What?
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Were you dropped as a child/are still a child? A decent tube amp will cost at least a few grand? Your name is bananahammock? You won't have any flexibilty with a tube amp in that range? What?

I love this thread so much.
Maybe he is The Todd?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by unet
Can you play Stick Stickly?

This i guess.

Some dude just found an Ampeg VH140-C on craigslist for $250.
Try looking around in your local CL?

Stick stickly was the first song i learned by them.
and CRABCORE FTW!!!
No way.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

I really dont see whats so funny about crabcore,
oh wait people that act like crabs and think its hardcore.

xD

I still like there music.
GET A FRICKEN" VOX vt30!

or a peavey valveking 112 they will ass rape your spider
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by greendayispunk
GET A FRICKEN" VOX vt30!

or a peavey valveking 112 they will ass rape your spider

hows about a flextone 2 with 212 for 200 bucks?
is that anygood for my genres?
Quote by bdrislegit

Yes, much better than anything else that's been said so far, although I can't remember if anything other than VK, the Vox and keep your Vypyr was suggested.

EDIT: Actually the 5150 was suggested but it will be much more.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by bdrislegit

well flextones are very versitile so yeah.
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by bananahammock
you do if u want the versatility of a vypyr theyve got like 22 effects and 24 amp models.

No tube amp has 22 effects and 24 amp models; you need a solid state for that, bud. There's not any all-tube modelers.

Quote by bdrislegit
I really dont see whats so funny about crabcore,
oh wait people that act like crabs and think its hardcore.

xD

sigg'd
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
Last edited by hotsnakes at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by bananahammock
you do if u want the versatility of a vypyr

No, you don't.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
so many lulz at the guy t-bagging the ground/crabcore.
my .02 would go for the flextone or the classic 30.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Check out the Vox VT series.
Definitely some of the best modeling amps I've ever heard.
Also it employs a real tube in the power amp section so even the 15 watt version is LOUD.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by bdrislegit
i know but i need a something with like a 12 inch speaker.
something that will blow great sound out!
any recommendations?

So you're looking at a Spider why again?

Why buy an amp that is worse than your current amp? that doesnt make sense. theres plenty ofgood amps in that budget. Ill brb with more.

EDIT-
B52 AT112: All tube 60 W Combo
Price (new): $360 USD
12" Speaker
Blows both the Vypyr and the Spider away.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by which ones pink

There are days when this website makes me happy I no longer listen to chart stations anymore.

This is one of those days.

**** modern music.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.