Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've posted here. I just picked up a Fender American Jazz Bass from a shop in town (only $450 since it was used ), and as I am not a fan of Fender bridges, I was wondering what your suggestions for a bridge to put on it would be. I hear a lot of talk about Badass II's, but I'm no expert on bridges, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't skipping over any good options.

Thanks guys.
Siggity-sig-sig-sig.
there's a gotoh bridge that some people consider to be as good as or better than the badass II for about half the price, you could look into that as well
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
My friend swears by the Bad Ass.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Well a Badass II is a toploader, MIA Fenders are string-thru's. So your actually gunna want a Badass III, which is also a string-thru.
Quote by Captain Insano
Well a Badass II is a toploader, MIA Fenders are string-thru's. So your actually gunna want a Badass III, which is also a string-thru.

This.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
A gotah 201 one is just as good and half the price and doesn't have the metallic zing to it. The gotah wins on every front.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
A gotoh 201 one is just as good and half the price and doesn't have the metallic zing to it. The gotoh wins on every front.

Fixed and agreed.
The Gotoh is nice from what I've heard, but personally I'd go for a Kahler trem. The tone is just as good as the Gotoh or Badass, and its a trem, and it only needs top routing
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
congrats on the nice find. i think the Fender bridges work just fine. unless your having specific issues with your bridge, i say play it awhile. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Quote by fatgoogle
A gotoh 201 one is just as good and half the price and doesn't have the metallic zing to it. The gotoh wins on every front.

Quote by 83lespaulstudio
congrats on the nice find. i think the Fender bridges work just fine. unless your having specific issues with your bridge, i say play it awhile. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

+1 to both of these
Nope, no sig here.
how in the world did you find an American jazz for 450. I think someone heat removed the word mexico and put an American logo on there
Quote by morganite14
how in the world did you find an American jazz for 450. I think someone heat removed the word mexico and put an American logo on there

Nah, it happens from time to time
Nope, no sig here.