And it was awful. I ab'd a 75 it next to the III 75 and the dirty sounds are even worse. More fizz, less clarity and less punch. The clean channels were surprisingly much better than the III but seeing as how the dirty sounds are so bad, it's completely unusable IMO. I brought my Mosferatu to try through it and it still takes pedals like ****. The FX sounded about the same, the tuner's even less accurate and the presets were complete ****. There's this one "alien" preset. It was absolute pure noise and the regular presets weren't much better.

I am absolutely dissapoint.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
what did you expect? its a cheap digital modeling amp.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
what did you expect? its a cheap digital modeling amp.

Yea, but I was expecting an improvement over the III. I just tried it for teh lulz.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by TheChaz
Well was soon as you said Spider we all knew it was crap.

Haha
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I

I was hoping they'd take a lesson or two from the Vetta handbook.

Even the Flextone handbook would have been nice.
Quote by TheChaz

Much as I dislike Spider IIIs, you should play one before you pass judgement.
Quote by TheChaz

that's going in the sig
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by BobDetroit
Much as I dislike Spider IIIs, you should play one before you pass judgement.

i've owned 2. i can say they're crap as much as i want to. lol
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by skwelcher
i've owned 2. i can say they're crap as much as i want to. lol

now if you think they're crap... why did you buy two may I ask?
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
seems the spiders are digressing... giving line 6 a bit of a bad name
oh well, doesn't really effect me
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
spider valve 112s are now $399. they arent half bad. yea the IVs are pretty bad...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
spider valve 112s are now $399. they arent half bad. yea the IVs are pretty bad...

I'd rather go for a used Flextone if my budget was that low. And on a side note, the new MGs really aren't all that bad. I was quite surprised. The Spiders still suffer from the problem when the volume goes above 9:00.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by gregs1020
meh, id rather have a miller lite than either. /spamming

Ah yes. The refreshing taste of triple hops. I still wouldn't recommend any amps mentioned in this thread other than the Flextone. And I'll recommend many other amps before that.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Ah yes. The refreshing taste of triple hops.

im 12, what is this ???
/spam

i never knew there was a Spider IV until i got back to UG a couple of hours ago.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
im 12, what is this ???
/spam

i never knew there was a Spider IV until i got back to UG a couple of hours ago.

It just came out this week. I would recommend avoiding it. I guess you could try it once just so you're opinion on its suckage becomes valid but eh. I tried it with a Fender Nashville Tele and American Standard Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Danelectro something, Dean VMNT and a PRS Custom 24.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

The thing about Spiders is at bedroom levels they sound alright... I found a pretty good setting on mine for practice. Then, the amp I play through at my guitar lessons is the exact same, but I have to turn it up a lot louder, and it sounds like complete dog poop. I know a guy who actually gigs with the 75 watt Spider III....
Quote by CaptDin
The thing about Spiders is at bedroom levels they sound alright... I found a pretty good setting on mine for practice. Then, the amp I play through at my guitar lessons is the exact same, but I have to turn it up a lot louder, and it sounds like complete dog poop. I know a guy who actually gigs with the 75 watt Spider III....

I see guys with Spiders all the time. They tend to be teenage kids who play some form of metal that they think is the only genre anyone should listen too. I actually found during band practice today that the MG I bring when I don't want to carry my DeVille. doesn't sound that bad when cranked, much better than using the distortion channel.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Not really surprising that there wasnt actual tone improvement over the older models. As they sell so well and is such a profit maker for line6 they probably dont really see the need for improvement. Make it look slightly different, add a few settings, make it cheaper from a business standpoint is improvement. Its like when you buy something at the grocery store and it has a big label "new and improved" usually means same size box with less product inside.
Yes, ban Alf! Is this the start of an era?

No, on a serious, less vinegar-water doucheness, matter. I feel that Line 6 should be able to provide beginners with crappy amplifiers, along with Marshall and Fender.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by mmolteratx
I see guys with Spiders all the time. They tend to be teenage kids who play some form of metal that they think is the only genre anyone should listen too. I actually found during band practice today that the MG I bring when I don't want to carry my DeVille. doesn't sound that bad when cranked, much better than using the distortion channel.

That's funny, because the guy I was talking about is around my age (17, or maybe a little older) and plays in a crossover thrash band.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Yes, ban Alf! Is this the start of an era?

No, on a serious, less vinegar-water doucheness, matter. I feel that Line 6 should be able to provide beginners with crappy amplifiers, along with Marshall and Fender.

Eh, the new MGs actually aren't too bad, a huge step up from the previous MGs. They've eliminated some of the buzzy qualities in the old ones. The Frontman series is terrible though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Meh, I thought the sound clips sounded better than the III, but I haven't tried it in person.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
The effects sound like sex to me.

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by mmolteratx
Eh, the new MGs actually aren't too bad, a huge step up from the previous MGs. They've eliminated some of the buzzy qualities in the old ones. The Frontman series is terrible though.

Frontman gets a bad rep. I did a show friday with my FM 100, and it was great. We opened for a Local band thats on the up and up. There freaking great (Opening for Tantric on the 30th here in San Angelo. The lead Gutarist plays through an old Marshall VS and the Rythem dude runs a 6505. One of them asked what I was using to make my tone with, and they were both impressed.

Granted, I only use he clean channel with an OD and a Sovtek Big Muff. But dont say that FM play like ****e and dont gig well if havent giged with them. I'll upgrade at some point, when I have funny money. But everytime I gig with that stack, I get compliments from other gutarists, why should I switch?

/rant

On point, spiders are spiders. If you hate them, you hate them. I gigged once with one, and that was enough. If you think a FM is on the Spider's level on stage your freaking dreamin, its so far above it. The spiders are not gigging amps, my Frontman does just fine for now, so much better than my old spider.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Last edited by Jonny Ryan Mac at Aug 23, 2009,
Ok let's phrase it like this;
You're giging and you have a Spider IV, and 99.98% of the audience is populated with screaming teens that have NO ear for tone, and guess what? It's going to be easyer then flipping through pedals and dancing like a tap dancer to get your sound.

Notice i said sound and not tone, 99.98% of the crowd won't really hear the differance of a Spider IV and a Mesa Single Recto...

Don't forget, these amps were made to give out many effects with sound that won't really make people go "Hey check out THAT guy, he's got a Spider and not a tube amp"
and cost an fortune. It's just something to please the crowd, well 99.98% of it.

Though there is the Marshall MG thing, 99.9999% of the people who see the Marshall script logo will go "Man that guy's cool, he's got a Marshall amp"
The rest will go "Man that guy's a poser with a crap tone"

Now if i had a small buget and i was homeless and had to get an amp loud enough unmiced, i would get a Frontman, or MG since i woulden't be able to afford a high end tube amp

That being said i'm equipping my flame shield

Call the fire department
Last edited by stykerwolf at Aug 23, 2009,
Are they doing a valve version of the IV? I'm just interested cos this will mean the price of the 3 drops.

Some of the sounds you could dial into the spider 3 were great. Plus you can get the floorboard which is hella cheaper than buying a midi system but does the same job.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
If these are out in the U.S. now means they should be shipping to Canada soon, we'll have to try sell through our Spider III stock in the coming weeks than, thanks for the heads up
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Quote by mmolteratx

yep. there has never been a poser kid that i've met, that when on the subject of amps, didn't say "i have a ____ watt marshall (interchangable with line 6)". of course i never bother asking which specific amp they have, its a given. and in one instance, i mentioned that i have an 80 watt marshall, a kid was like "that doesn't exist"

on topic though, i really do want to try one out because the clips sounded better than the spider III, but i dont know
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Too bad they didn't put some vetta settings, I guess the processor is not any better then. I was not expecting it to be much better, they need to have a cheap amp that sounds crap so they can justify the price of their vetta. I am sure a big part of the problem at higher volumes is the crappy "celestion" speakers with those tiny little magnets.
Last edited by Tempoe at Aug 23, 2009,
I'm actually a bit disappointed.

The demo video posted up in this very section looked promising, and I was hoping the bandwagon would stop if it was decent, not the Spider bandwagon, the Line 6 bandwagon.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
Frontman gets a bad rep. I did a show friday with my FM 100, and it was great. We opened for a Local band thats on the up and up. There freaking great (Opening for Tantric on the 30th here in San Angelo. The lead Gutarist plays through an old Marshall VS and the Rythem dude runs a 6505. One of them asked what I was using to make my tone with, and they were both impressed.

Granted, I only use he clean channel with an OD and a Sovtek Big Muff. But dont say that FM play like ****e and dont gig well if havent giged with them. I'll upgrade at some point, when I have funny money. But everytime I gig with that stack, I get compliments from other gutarists, why should I switch?

/rant

On point, spiders are spiders. If you hate them, you hate them. I gigged once with one, and that was enough. If you think a FM is on the Spider's level on stage your freaking dreamin, its so far above it. The spiders are not gigging amps, my Frontman does just fine for now, so much better than my old spider.

I own a Frontman, it was my brother's amp at one point. It sounds worse than the MG on the dirty channel and whenever I try using my Zendrive or Mosferatu you get the same buzzy little tone with some added harmonics. And I never said that they didn't gig well. You can get away with a much worse sounding amp live so practically anything that can cut through is giggable, I just wouldn't enjoy the experience near as much.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT