I have a peavey classic 50 4x10 tube amp, which gets pretty good distortion but ive been trying to get a certain sound out of it that i cant get, so i was questioning getting a tube screamer or maybe just a booster pedal since its a tube amp. keep in mind i play alot of post-metal stuff...sorta like isis or what have you. I know i wont get the exact sound i want without getting a new amp along the lines of a mesa but i just wanted someone elses oppinion.
What do you mean by a booster pedal? An od like a tube screamer can provide you a good boost. I'm not sure if it will give you the tone your looking for though.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
a tubescreamer would probably tighten up the bass, whereas a booster pedal would prolly just increase the volume, which could be good for solos.

but why don't you try both of them in a store?
A booster will increase gain when ran in front of the amp and it will increase the volume when ran in the FX loop.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.