Earlier today I thought of something, aside from the other reasons not to leave a guitar in the heat, I remembered that pickups are dipped in wax for some reason or other, so that's where the question comes from: what's the melting temperature of the wax generally used in potting pickups? and what would happen if the wax were to melt?

edit: nevermind, i looked on projectguitar.com and saw the wax melts at 148 degrees and I doubt it's gonna get that hot in a car. but I'm sure it's not good to get the guitar hot anyway because of the wood expanding right?
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Aug 22, 2009,
Quote by The4thHorsemen
Earlier today I thought of something, aside from the other reasons not to leave a guitar in the heat, I remembered that pickups are dipped in wax for some reason or other, so that's where the question comes from: what's the melting temperature of the wax generally used in potting pickups? and what would happen if the wax were to melt?

edit: nevermind, i looked on projectguitar.com and saw the wax melts at 148 degrees and I doubt it's gonna get that hot in a car. but I'm sure it's not good to get the guitar hot anyway because of the wood expanding right?

My advise is not to let the guitar stay in the car for too long, changes in temperature and humidity may malform the wood
your neck will warp way before your pups will become microphonic.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011